Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,715   Posts: 1,514,763   Online: 816

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5910111213141516 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry I wasn't able to make it over this morning. Hope you all had a great time and beautiful light. Miss everyone! Shawn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I very much enjoyed this weekend. Thanks John and Dolly for opening your home up to us.

I enjoyed meeting many new people and seeing some excellent photographs.

To those that offered advice on taking my film photography to the next level, to the point where I can at least do the processing at home, I'll take you up on the offer. Watch out for a PM from me!

I'm already looking forward to the next meet up.

thanks, Jeff

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Jeff,

It was such a pleasure to see you go from a half day visitor last event to a three day participant two months later. I’m glad you enjoyed the weekend. That sort of enthusiasm snowballs, even in this heat, and helps everyone enjoy the gathering. I certainly will be glad to follow up on my offer, as I am sure anyone else who made one, will.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Jeff S
    Bill J
    Dale
    Lee L
    Lee and Sue
    Dolly and I went to the Akron Art Museum this afternoon and saw two great shows. If you missed it, come back, because you really missed two excellent exhibits. Having seen the Andrew Moore video, listened to interviews on NPR, listened to Jeff on and on, I at least had some idea what to expect. Wrong, blown away by the quality, drama, presentation, subject. Really wonderful prints, subjects, ideas, sentiments. I sorta liked it.

That in no way prepared me for the Arctic Re-visions: Isaac Julien's True North June 5, 2010 - October 3, 2010 http://www.akronartmuseum.org/exhibi....php?unid=1497

Three giant movie screens in a barren room with one row of seats. Each screen contributed to a whole photographically that made me realize just how long ago was Cinemascope. The film was powerful, overwhelming, fantastic. Congratulations home town art museum. I am really happy we are here to see your offering. Thank you.

John

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Back home safe and sound and have worked through the important part of the "honey do" list, I have a moment to mix up some film developer and say thanks to John, Dolly, and the girls, and all of the great photographers I met, for putting up with me for the weekend. I had a great time, hopefully have some good photographs, and am looking forward to a return. I enjoyed meeting everyone and learned a lot from the weekend. The Cuyahoga Valley National Park looks like it has a lifetime's worth of material!

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks again for a great weekend John and Dolly.
    Sue and I enjoyed the new faces and new places. Sue is healing up from the hornet attack, although it is still tender. Dolly thanks again for the ice!

We both are looking forward to the fall visit. Keep the dates locked in once I hear from you. Got to capture a wedding Oct 9th, so I know that date is out for me, but if that turns out to be the magical date, go for it.

Lee

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    So, when's the next gathering?
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Again, many thanks to John and Dolly for their hospitality and a very enjoyable weekend.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks, John and Dolly. It was a very enjoyable time, and great to see old and new friends.

Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you John, Dolly and the girls once again for your hospitality in hosting these gatherings. It was wonderful to see what others are doing photographically, and to explore beautiful Cuyahoga Valley NP.

All the best,
    Daniel

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin