Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,938   Posts: 1,585,645   Online: 803

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    I really want to get over and do some more work at the ledges.
    Lee

Careful, I swear photographing there is addicting!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    I agree it could be, I enjoyed being there, I have a great love of mountains and rock formations. It really looked like a gem of a place to do some macro work too. Everything seemeed to have a soft layer of moss and other forms of living covering on it. I have a Nikon Macro for my N80 camera that I have not touched for some time and a macro tube for the Hassy I have never used before.

I might be talking myself into a close encounter :rolleyes:

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Hi John,
    Put the July gathering on the schedule. Will see if I can work it in. Sue and I will be going to Charleston the last week of July so a final determination has not yet been made.

Had such a great time up there in May that it might be a hard thing to keep me away. Have you got a fall time set yet. That I could throw a 93% certainty at showing while the July is 50/50 now. (I am the 50% want to go and Sue is iffy due to the travel costs and all at the end of the month.)

Will keep you posted and will ping ya all once I get some prints of the stuff I shot this last time. I really want to get over and do some more work at the ledges.

Question??? When were folks going to go to the Akron Museum to see the print exhibit? That was something I really do hope to see.

Lee
    Lee,

So glad you enjoyed the visit. That is the pleasure of having these events, the excitement of everyone enjoying the hobby and people that are so close to us, each excelling in his own way.

My guess and hope is that there will be a Fall event, but no date or related events have been selected.

Hope you can come to the July event. No idea yet which day we will look at the museum, weather and the wishes of those attending will be a big factor. When you are host you see that people make plans to come. For some things happen and their plans change. Two who wanted to come last time had to cancel. Arrival and departure times for those who can come change. Being a guest at two of Bill Schwab’s much larger gathering taught me that you can drive yourself nuts trying to schedule people who won’t or can’t be scheduled. That is why I put the statement in the boiler plate, “We are trying to have a loose organizational shell under which all cats may be comfortably herded. The plan will evolve until the majority is happy and the protesters fall asleep.”

Looking forward to seeing your prints soon and both of you in July if you can make it.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    The girls and I hiked there and at the Octagon House trail yesterday, about four miles. It is just beautiful early in the morning, lots of mist and one other person running.

John
    Last edited by jp80874; 05-26-2010 at 01:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I agree it could be, I enjoyed being there, I have a great love of mountains and rock formations. It really looked like a gem of a place to do some macro work too. Everything seemeed to have a soft layer of moss and other forms of living covering on it. I have a Nikon Macro for my N80 camera that I have not touched for some time and a macro tube for the Hassy I have never used before.

I might be talking myself into a close encounter :rolleyes:

Lee
    ....and then Shawn has not even taunted you with Nelson Kennedy Ledges yet. When you see the roots hanging down a cliff edge thirty feet, or a giant four foot mushroom in a tree, you will be dazzled. As I said in earlier posts, it is like Angkor Wat Cambodia without the temples, dysentery, airfare or heat.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    ....and then Shawn has not even taunted you with Nelson Kennedy Ledges yet. When you see the roots hanging down a cliff edge thirty feet, or a giant four foot mushroom in a tree, you will be dazzled. As I said in earlier posts, it is like Angkor Wat Cambodia without the temples, dysentery, airfare or heat.

John
    The man speaks the truth! That place is AMAZING!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have put this on my calendar and am looking forward to it.

With all this talk about the various ledges, perhaps that can be a destination that is part of the weekend.

I am also looking forward to being present for more of the print show and tell. Shawn, I hope you bring your photo box again. I have got some really nice color shots this spring on Ektar 100, so bring your sunglasses!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    I had a Schneider 210mm HM that worked well on the 8x10 with some movement (356mm I think on 8x10s 313mm). I traded it on a 210mm SSXL. That came in a suitcase,...
    Thanks for sharing you lens preferences.

I see you have had the "XL" experience

I don't know if you are familiar with that Angulon 210mm but I totally overlooked it, thinking it was just a bigger version of the 90mm Angulon. I was way wrong, the 210 Angulon has a big 382mm image circle.

I'd be up for going to Nelson Ledges. I have actually never been there (other than to go to the race track of the same name ).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by htimsdj View Post
    Shawn, I hope you bring your photo box again. I have got some really nice color shots this spring on Ektar 100, so bring your sunglasses!

Jeff
    Will do. I spent several nights the last week mounting prints so I have MANY more to share! =)

And the sunglasses will be packed - looking foward to seeing them, Jeff.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I don't know if you are familiar with that Angulon 210mm but I totally overlooked it, thinking it was just a bigger version of the 90mm Angulon. I was way wrong, the 210 Angulon has a big 382mm image circle.
    No, I am not familiar with it, only the door stop Super Angulon, and that only from trying to lift one that normally lives on a 12x20.

John

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin