Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,435   Online: 797

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Looking forward to seeing all these new prints.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I finally took my new GPS Tom-Tom for a ride today. 'We' went to the Hoden Arboretum in Kirtland. I can't begin to tell you what a relief it is to have a co-pilot telling me when to make the turns etc. I feel like the door has been unlocked on my insecurity and I can go where ever i feel the urge. The Arboretum was amazing even though I didn't get there till 45mins before closing. (But the GPS didn't have the "bridge out" warnings, so I did have to make a detour. It kept saying 'turn around where possible... turn around where possible... etc. with an English accent. so charming!) I wonder if anyone down your way would be interested in a meetup over there. Somewhere down the road.

I'm looking forward to the next gathering as well, at your house John. And now I can't get lost, can I!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Boy can you pick the weekends! Eva & I will be at her brother's wedding and can't make it. Trust me, I would rather be in Ohio ... We'll definitely make it down soon though.

BTW - our friend Andrew Moore has his gallery show opening this weekend at the Akron Art Museum.

http://akronartmuseum.org/exhibition....php?unid=1499

"Detroit Disassembled:
    Photographs by Andrew Moore
    June 5, 2010 - October 10, 2010
    Arnstein, Bidwell and Isroff Galleries"
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    I finally took my new GPS Tom-Tom for a ride today. 'We' went to the Hoden Arboretum in Kirtland. I can't begin to tell you what a relief it is to have a co-pilot telling me when to make the turns etc. I feel like the door has been unlocked on my insecurity and I can go where ever i feel the urge. The Arboretum was amazing even though I didn't get there till 45mins before closing. (But the GPS didn't have the "bridge out" warnings, so I did have to make a detour. It kept saying 'turn around where possible... turn around where possible... etc. with an English accent. so charming!) I wonder if anyone down your way would be interested in a meetup over there. Somewhere down the road.

I'm looking forward to the next gathering as well, at your house John. And now I can't get lost, can I!
    Congratulations Dorothy. Trust me! You will never get lost again. You will just have what Dolly and her mother call one minute vacations. Sometimes they are a little longer.

I don't think Holden will welcome the girls, but I'll give it a try some time if you like. I don't know the place though I have been told it is beautiful. Think about when.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    Boy can you pick the weekends! Eva & I will be at her brother's wedding and can't make it. Trust me, I would rather be in Ohio ... We'll definitely make it down soon though.

BTW - our friend Andrew Moore has his gallery show opening this weekend at the Akron Art Museum.

http://akronartmuseum.org/exhibition....php?unid=1499

"Detroit Disassembled:
    Photographs by Andrew Moore
    June 5, 2010 - October 10, 2010
    Arnstein, Bidwell and Isroff Galleries"
    Bummer. I scheduled it then as it is the weekend the Midwest LF Asylum travels. Sorry. I didn't know Eva's brother would go a get married. The nerve of him.

Come on down anytime you want to camp out and go see the show.

John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Bummer. I scheduled it then as it is the weekend the Midwest LF Asylum travels. Sorry. I didn't know Eva's brother would go a get married. The nerve of him.

Come on down anytime you want to camp out and go see the show.

John
    I'm doing my best to break those two up, or at least a large fight that might postpone the wedding to another weekend, but no luck so far. I'll keep persevering though.

Thanks for the offer! We'll definitely make our way down soon and camping would be perfect.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just booked a hotel for Sue and I for July 16-18. I believe we will be in Streetsboro on the other side of the park. Not to worry I can get lost anywhere!

We had the tree in our front yard hit by lightning on Wednesday. Took out a big chunck of it. Gave me a new respect for storms

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Lee,

Looking forward to seeing you again and meeting your bride.

John, Dolly and the girls

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just a heads-up - Someone in the Detroit area is selling a Durst Labrador 8x10 enlarger with all the condensers and extra bulbs. He's asking $500 for it.

I'd buy it but its too tall for my darkroom!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    Just a heads-up - Someone in the Detroit area is selling a Durst Labrador 8x10 enlarger with all the condensers and extra bulbs. He's asking $500 for it.

I'd buy it but its too tall for my darkroom!
    I wonder if that is the "Retriever" model?
    http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/pho/1739780617.html

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin