Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,063   Online: 1083

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    sounds like my kinda pic. I'd love to see this.

from the paper mill... http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3316/...190746695b.jpg
    Thanks Dorothy.

What I mentioned is on the towpath SE of an industrial section of Akron, just S of Summit Lake. I would be happy to take you there. I thought the light was better in the morning than in the afternoon.

I had seen the picture in this link but not understood where it was taken.

John
    Last edited by jp80874; 06-20-2010 at 06:57 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    The person who asked about abandoned places also shoots a Hassey. Maybe he will like this as well.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hay all,
    Im interested in the empty house/cabin that in shown in the gallery for the Cuyahoga Valley Photographic Society.

Before you click on the link, look to the left after entering the gallery and find Workshops: Tony Sweet Participants 09 (not just Tony Sweet)

http://www.cvps.org/gallery.htm

Lots of visual ideas here. Looks like they photographed this cabin I'm interested in and then were at the covered bridge if the pictures are published in time of event. Are they in the same area? Was there special permission to get into the cabin?

I like the idea of the rotting cars mentioned above in this thread. The village sounds interesting ("something" farm) but rarely amd I excited to see a bunch of running wild kids bored with the old stuff, the usual family station wagon vacation... showing my age again... "SUV croud with hand sanitizers."

I also hope to enjoy all other spots others are interested in. Expecially early in the morning.

Like to throw in a humble appeal to others to allow me to pose or catch others in candids or more formal poses too. I really love photographing people in nature. We seem to belong here too besides the trees, mountains and waters.

Really enjoyed Sunday's Breakfast!!!! Hope we can go back!

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    If you go west on Everett Road from the covered bridge about a ¼ mile there is an intersection with a road that goes north and connects with Wheatley Road. If you go further west on Everett Road about 100 yards or so there is a small cabin about this size on the north side of Everett back in the woods across a stream that judging by the gulley and debris, sees violent water movement. I have not seen a driveway or even a path to this cabin. I have never pursued it because I am allergic to mold and a small shaded log cabin locked up at the base of a large water system seems like a place for me to avoid. Whether that is your mystery cabin I don’t know. Where you would go to determine ownership and access, I don’t know.

I have had three 7x17 pictures juried into an annual show at the Cuyahoga Valley Photographic Society, but I don't have any contacts to pursue this. As you can see from the member pictures it is a mostly digital club.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    If you go west on Everett Road from the covered bridge about a ¼ mile there is an intersection with a road that goes north and connects with Wheatley Road. If you go further west on Everett Road about 100 yards or so there is a small cabin about this size on the north side of Everett back in the woods across a stream that judging by the gulley and debris, sees violent water movement.
    John
    John,
    This sounds like our palatial palace. I'll see if I can treck up in there in July and take a look. It might be a mid day hike opportunity if it is overgrown with a lot of woods.

Thanks for racking the brain on this one. I'm on the hunt for places where we can visit.
    Lee
    Last edited by daleeman; 06-23-2010 at 05:13 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Lee,

Those really are some great scenic pictures you have found, a good tour of the park at it's finest. Thank you for linking us to them.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Dolly and I were invited to an extraordinary show this evening. Peter Spangenberg is a member of an alternative processes group here in Cleveland. They have a show going on in the Plain Dealer lobby. For security reasons each artist was only allowed a very few guests. Peter was kind enough to include us at the opening.

For some time Peter has been showing us these gorgeous platinum 8x10 contact prints and modestly saying that these were the seconds, that he had had to put the best of his work in the show. I thought he was just being polite because I thought the prints he had been showing us were GREAT.

Well Peter can come out of the closet now. The prints in the show really were better. I thought the seconds were good, but these really glowed. Peter, I hope after this show closes you will bring the good stuff down to our next gathering. These are some platinum prints you want to see.

Oh, yeah, there were some other stuff there as well, you know 22x30 wet plate, Gum Dichromate, ambrotype plates, wet plate on black glass. Palladium prints. etc.

John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Dolly and I were invited to an extraordinary show this evening ...
    Sounds like an amazing show!
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh, yeah, there were some other stuff there as well, you know 22x30 wet plate, Gum Dichromate, ambrotype plates, wet plate on black glass. Palladium prints. etc.

John
    Were these by local artists?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Were these by local artists?
    It is a local alt processes group run by Herb Asherman. I believe all the members are in NE Ohio, but I am not a member and have not seen the roster. I have seen half the names that were in the show also in the FAVA show at Oberlin each year, but of course that is a five state event.

With the way film and silver prints are going maybe they will include silver prints as alt proc next year and we can join. Never know.

John

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin