Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,967   Online: 819
      
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 160
  1. #71
    ic-racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,236
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post

    With the way film and silver prints are going maybe they will include silver prints as alt proc next year and we can join. Never know.

    John
    Yes. In fact from my stand point any analog photography is essentially alt process.

    This is an analogy that you may, or may not agree with. I'll bet that in 1965 you didn't have much to speak about, automobile-wise, with the owner of a brand new Chevelle.

    But today, if you had the choice of talking with someone who bought and kept a mint 1965 Chevelle or a guy with neon lights under his nitrous injected 2009 Toyota with 30,000 watt stereo, you'd opt for the Chevelle guy.

  2. #72
    jp80874's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bath, OH 44210 USA
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    3,436
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Yes. I'll bet that in 1965 you didn't have much to speak about, automobile-wise, with the owner of a brand new Chevelle.
    Don’t bet too much. My first car was a 1951, almost black dark green, Buick Roadmaster, four door sedan, stick shift, that my parents had used for their traditional four years and then saved for my 17th birthday, March 30, 1957. The theory being, that the damage I might do didn’t matter because the car was already used up from their point of view. Talk about amortized.

    The only saving grace was that they didn’t drive it at all the last nine months. When they went to start it in March, it wouldn’t. A mechanic came, spent a few hours and said that it wouldn’t ever. They were so embarrassed and honor bound by that quaint family tradition that a person’s word is his bond, that we went off to the Chevy dealer and bought a 1957 Chevy, red, convertible, stick, four barrel, dual exhaust, Police option heavy duty suspension. As far as I was concerned, God is a Gear Head.

    John

  3. #73
    daleeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,005
    Images
    17
    Hi All,
    We hit the magic moth of July today. looking forward to doing some more morning photography and seeing you all. I got the old hassy out and promised her we would go for an early morning stroll tomorrow. She wagged her neck strap and got all wound up and let her mirror down.

    Lee

  4. #74
    daleeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,005
    Images
    17

    Taking Hassy for a walk

    Well today's early morning walk ended up a little later than I thought. I was about 8:00AM before I got to go shoot. It was a nice time. Had the negs run and scanned them. Here is what I saw.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GrissMill01s.jpg   RailStation01s.jpg   SunocoSign01s.jpg   SunOil01s.jpg  

  5. #75
    jp80874's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bath, OH 44210 USA
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    3,436
    Images
    6
    Looks great Lee. What day shall we expect you at the next event? Is your wife coming?

    John

  6. #76
    jp80874's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bath, OH 44210 USA
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    3,436
    Images
    6
    Important corn information. Dolly stopped at Zalay's tonight (near the covered bridge) to pick up some fresh vegetables. They expect to have their first corn later this week. What you may remember from last year that in addition to selling a wide variety of fruits and vegetables, they also have a stand in the back where you can buy freshly squeezed lemonade and freshly roasted corn. They have a bucket of melted butter and you can get all the cholesterol you can stand. I mean fresh corn, roasted before your eyes. Most people eat until their eyes pop out. Just something to think about when you are not at the Country Maid for an ice cream. Did someone hear Jeff groan? Still going to that wedding Jeff?

    John

  7. #77
    daleeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,005
    Images
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Looks great Lee. What day shall we expect you at the next event? Is your wife coming?

    John
    Hi John. Sue and I will roll into the area on 16 July. We will be staying in Streetsboro. Looking forward to it.
    Lee

  8. #78
    jp80874's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bath, OH 44210 USA
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    3,436
    Images
    6
    Lee,

    Along the lines of your Sunoco shot, just north of Peninsula is the town of Boston Mills. They have a restored gas station (Pure Oil) that is now used as an art gallery.
    http://www.dayinthevalley.com/attrac....php?attrId=37

    John

  9. #79
    daleeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,005
    Images
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Lee,

    Along the lines of your Sunoco shot, just north of Peninsula is the town of Boston Mills. They have a restored gas station (Pure Oil) that is now used as an art gallery.
    http://www.dayinthevalley.com/attrac....php?attrId=37

    John
    That is cool. Now if I had a 1936 Hudson to roll up to it and some very cool old suits with a long chain on my pocket watch !!!

  10. #80
    Jeff Bannow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    1,755
    Images
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Important corn information. Dolly stopped at Zalay's tonight (near the covered bridge) to pick up some fresh vegetables. They expect to have their first corn later this week. What you may remember from last year that in addition to selling a wide variety of fruits and vegetables, they also have a stand in the back where you can buy freshly squeezed lemonade and freshly roasted corn. They have a bucket of melted butter and you can get all the cholesterol you can stand. I mean fresh corn, roasted before your eyes. Most people eat until their eyes pop out. Just something to think about when you are not at the Country Maid for an ice cream. Did someone hear Jeff groan? Still going to that wedding Jeff?

    John
    I'm drooling right now! Maybe we could get Country Maid to make a roasted corn ice cream? They do that down in Mexico and it is pretty good stuff.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin