Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,728   Online: 1080

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Where to get funding ?

I have an Exhibition scheduled for 18 months time (approx), now I need to find where to get funding.

It's not a normal Arts Council/Regional Arts application as the Exhibition is in Turkey, and then possibly touring.

IaN

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know if you have to be a Yank, but here's a lead for you.

http://www.nea.gov/grants/apply/index.html

Best of luck Ian.

Don

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Isn't it the responsibility of the artist to ensure matting, framing, delivery, hanging are all done for ANY exhibitions these days on their own dime?
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    Isn't it the responsibility of the artist to ensure matting, framing, delivery, hanging are all done for ANY exhibitions these days on their own dime?

Technically yes, but in practice you recoup other costs for production of the prints etc in lieu.

I've put on some large funded exhibitions in the UK, and lets just say you come out OK

Hanging's normally the gallery's responsibility, unless your unlucky as I was to find the technician on holiday when I hung a major exhibition. But there's a lot of variation. Many (Local Authority) UK galleries pay a weekly fee to show your work.

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin