Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,916   Posts: 1,521,849   Online: 1098

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314151617181923 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, just so you're not expecting me on Friday - I'm going to drive over on Sat, have dinner and hang out with you all Sat night (assuming Nate is behaving), and then go to breakfast and the museum. Then I have to drive back here.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    I'm trying not to lust after anything larger than 4x5 right now... but damn!
    I didn't know you were reading along. Come on down and visit Tom. We can rev up your 8x10 enlarger lust in a heart beat. Dale has the biggest one (Ic-Racer), apparently Jeff & Eva have one and I do. Speak up anyone if I have missed you. We on the other hand lust after your location. A visit or two to Pelee Point has made it for Dolly and me. Everyone wants something.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    OK, just so you're not expecting me on Friday - I'm going to drive over on Sat, have dinner and hang out with you all Sat night (assuming Nate is behaving), and then go to breakfast and the museum. Then I have to drive back here.
    Thanks Bethe,

Love to have you here. You contribute a lot and are most enjoyable. Besides, I feel much safer with this version.

I am going to post a tentative schedule later this weekend, either for discussion and modifications if needed, or for direction to those catching up to us mid event. Hope that will help all.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Tentative Schedule for NE OH APUG Gathering Sept. 17-19, 2010

Please think of this as a suggested plan. It is open to revision through your input or how events evolve. Please offer ideas and modifications and then see what people think. It is all about having an event that we enjoy and addresses our photographic interests.

Friday: The welcome mat goes out at 5:00 PM. Campers set up in the field west of the pond. Gather on the patio by the pond for introductions and conversation. Bring your own drinks. We should have enough chairs. The Porta Potty will be in place. Contributions toward the Porta Potty’s $111.00 cost appreciated.

Bring pictures, cameras, gear or anything else you want to talk about. The darkroom is available for tours, emergencies or film loading and unloading. If you want to sell, swap or give away something tell us about it and a price before hand so we can bring money or ask questions.

Dinner at Fisher’s Restaurant, Main St. (Rt. 303) in Peninsula between the two stop lights in town next to the Cuyahoga River.

Saturday: Gather in the driveway 7:50 AM so we can leave by 8:00 AM for the Cleveland Flats. For locals wishing to meet us there go to http://www.shootersflats.com/location.php, enlarge their map and use their directions. I will have copies for people starting at our house. We will go to Shooters and work south along the west bank of the Cuyahoga finding pictures of opportunity.

Work and stay in the flats as long as you like. I suggest picking a buddy or two who work at your speed and be aware of people around you. There are restaurants open in the area on either side of the river for lunch. Be careful of your gear. This is known as a high risk neighborhood.

Meet at our house around 5:00 PM to look at prints. Bring what you have to show. We will have burgers and pizza at Musketeers Bar & Grille, 3027 Brecksville Rd, Richfield, OH. about two miles NE from the house. Come back after dinner for more talk and print review or go out for an evening shoot.

Sunday: Sunrise shooting for those who want. Please organize yourselves. 10:00 AM, brunch at Richfield Family Restaurant, 4793 Brecksville Road, Richfield, OH 44286. This is on the east side of the road, south of the OH Turnpike entrance, across the street from Days Inn and Hampton Inn.

After brunch we will go south on Rt. 77 to the Akron Art Museum for the two shows.
    Directions: http://www.akronartmuseum.org/map/
    Two shows
    http://www.akronartmuseum.org/exhibi....php?unid=1499
    http://www.akronartmuseum.org/exhibi....php?unid=1497

Afternoon shooting in the park. Don’t forget stuff you may have left at the house.

Thank you for coming. I hope you will have had as much fun at this event as we have had in the past. It works because everyone contributes to making it happen.

John & Dolly Powers

It would help to know who is coming,
    when they expect to arrive
    and where they will be staying.

Input from each person helps build the buzz and enthusiasm for the event.
    It won’t happen unless you make it happen.
    Last edited by jp80874; 09-11-2010 at 08:11 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm trying not to lust after anything larger than 4x5 right now... but damn!
    I probably shouldn't tell you I have an 8x10 camera for sale cheap then ...
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    Tom,

Do you have a truck?

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    aw crap! Ok.... what is it and how much?

I have been having the time of my life with the 4x5 you sold me last year... (I've even gotten some good shots ... ) In lieu of a darkroom this summer, I've been contact printing 4x5 cyanos, I can imagine how much more detail 8x10 would add.

John, no truck... and unfortunately, my calendar is full that weekend. I would love to get out and meet some of you again, but I have stuff that can't be rescheduled. My best to everyone.

Cheers,
    Tom
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    TOM!!

This is the Family Channel.
    Please!

John

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    John: I am planning to arrive Friday afternoon, and to camp.

For others attending: I have finally talked myself into parting with some of my beloved medium format equipment to fund the purchase of additional large format lenses. I will bring this stuff if anyone thinks they might be interested:

Hasselblad 501CM body
    A12 back
    waist level finder
    Zeiss 80mm CF T* lens
    Zeiss 250mm CF T* lens
    extension tube(s)

I purchased all of this equipment used but in good to excellent condition, and have taken good care of it over the years. I used it regularly until I became infected by the large format virus about a year ago, and have not used it since. The stuff deserves to be in the hands of someone who will use it rather than sitting in my closet.

Dan

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    aw crap! Ok.... what is it and how much?
    Glad you're enjoying the 4x5! It's a fun format to shoot in.

Here's the details on the 8x10 for anyone interested:

Burke & James 8x10 Grover Monorail
    with 2 monorail extensions
    8x10 back
    5x7 back
    4x5 back
    lens boards
    custom lens board adapter to take technika boards
    1 8x10 holder
    20ish sheets of 8x10 film to get you started
    And a nice lightweight hard nylon carrying case for it all.

I'm hoping to get $450 for the lot.

Anyone interested, let me know.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin