Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,935   Posts: 1,585,611   Online: 690

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 711121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Henderson View Post
    John: if the annotation to this message was meant for me, no I have not had the pleasure of meeting Jim Thompson.
    Yep.

During our last event, two months ago, he was having a show of some 25 prints in his area.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Dolly asked me to tell you who see color to bring film. The large maple on the west side of our house is turning red. That probably means there will be some in the Park also doing the deed. I am just the messenger. No secondary samples have been verified.

John

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Dolly asked me to tell you who see color to bring film. The large maple on the west side of our house is turning red. That probably means there will be some in the Park also doing the deed. I am just the messenger. No secondary samples have been verified.

John
    What is color?

I don't know where Jim is from, so I don't know about his show.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    I don't suppose you have a 4x5 dichro...?
    Shawn, still looking for a Dichro? I might have just the thing for you ....
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    John: when I was thinking of coming down in July you kindly provided me with some locations of abandoned things in your area. I am hoping to get there early enough on Friday to do a little shooting in the area before the "Vacancy" sign goes up at your place. Can you give me a little better direction from your place to...

the circular diner near the abandoned Conway freight hub?
    the covered bridge 3 miles down the road from you?
    the abandoned canal locks and structures in the park?
    the 5 or 6 abandoned cars about 5 miles west of you?

Thanks again for setting up the flats outing on Saturday. I am really looking forward to that.

Dan

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    Shawn, still looking for a Dichro? I might have just the thing for you ....
    Heck yeah! Lay it on me, brother! =)

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Henderson View Post
    John: when I was thinking of coming down in July you kindly provided me with some locations of abandoned things in your area. I am hoping to get there early enough on Friday to do a little shooting in the area before the "Vacancy" sign goes up at your place. Can you give me a little better direction from your place to...

the circular diner near the abandoned Conway freight hub?
    the covered bridge 3 miles down the road from you?

Thanks again for setting up the flats outing on Saturday. I am really looking forward to that.

Dan
    Go to http://www.nps.gov/cuva/planyourvisit/maps.htm

Download a map of the whole park.

Covered bridge:
    In the bottom left hand area locate the intersections of Rt. 271 and Rt 77. I don’t know how you are coming in so look at the map for exits.
    Go south two roads to Everett.
    We live on Everett Rd.
    Go east on Everett into the park and down a long hill. At the very bottom of the hill is the covered bridge.

The circular diner near the abandoned Conway freight hub?
    This was Dolly’s suggestion and has turned out to be inaccurate. A portion of the restaurant is circular, but it is only a portion. The abandoned freight hub as I mentioned earlier to Jeff is surrounded with fencing. However it is locate about half a mile north of Everett Rd. and Cleveland Massillon Rd. on the east side. The map is wrong there because by then Clev Mas Rd has become Brecksville Rd.

If you are into odd shaped buildings, there is an owner occupied, two story, Octagon house. From Everett Rd. go north on Clev Mas/Brecksville Rd., north of Wheatley, to Rt 303. Turn west or left on Rt 303. Go west through the stop light at 303 and Broadview. The next turn left will be Southern Rd. The Octagon house is at the T of Rt 303 and Southern on the north side of the road. It is a private home so be polite.

On your map locate the Cuyahoga River running N/S in the middle of the map. The OH & Erie Canal is the - - - - dotted or hyphenated line going along the river. South of the park it goes through Akron and eventually onto the OH River. There were 37 locks from the south side of Akron to the north end of the park. Most are still there. Then they continue into Cleveland.

For openers go to http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000479112834
    I have 15 pictures there of 150. Would you like to go to any of the places in the 15? Give me an image number starting upper left as #1 go across to the right and then next row as #5. I can show you more pictures when you are here.

I’ll drive out there tonight and see if they are still there and report. I may have to show you.
    John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Dan,

I drove out to where in June and July I had seen some abandoned cars in a field and by a barn. I believe there is a restoration shop of sorts in the barn or out building. The place is surrounded with corn fields. The corn is now eight feet tall and I can’t see much of anything. The cars may be there. They may not.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    If cars in excellent shape or show cars are of interest I would remind you of something in the second post. There will be a car show in Canton on Sunday with 200 cars. The main theme is cars of Cleveland, but there will be all kinds.

The Glenmore Country Club in Canton, about half an hour south of here will have the 16th annual gathering of significant cars featuring Historic Motorcars of Cleveland, Cars of Giotto Bizzarrini - and Duesenberg!
    September 17 - 19, 2010 http://www.glenmoorgathering.com/2010-Preview.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    If cars in excellent shape or show cars are of interest I would remind you of something in the second post. There will be a car show in Canton on Sunday with 200 cars. The main theme is cars of Cleveland, but there will be all kinds.

The Glenmore Country Club in Canton, about half an hour south of here will have the 16th annual gathering of significant cars featuring Historic Motorcars of Cleveland, Cars of Giotto Bizzarrini - and Duesenberg!
    September 17 - 19, 2010 http://www.glenmoorgathering.com/2010-Preview.html
    how far is Canton?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin