Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,694   Posts: 1,549,008   Online: 863

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    It's on my calendar. Looking forward to it.

Lee
    Great that you are coming. Missed you last time. How is the demolishing coming?

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hay All,
    John, thanks for opening your doors again for this opportunity to gather. We hope to see you all that weekend.
    Lee
    (the other Lee, yea daleeman)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Great that you are coming. Missed you last time. How is the demolishing coming?
    I was very glad I at least made the museum visit and got to catch up with a few folks, you and Dolly, and briefly meet a couple of the new people the last time. Demolition is over. Plumbing improvements were made, and some construction mistakes corrected. Last of the tile gets laid today, grout tomorrow, then caulking, sealing, and some painting after that. Had to decommission the darkroom and move some shelving to put in a plumbing access panel. But the project is turning out very nicely.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If I'm still on the mainland, I really want to make it over for this one. And shoot, too, if anyone can help me watch the little guy. The steam engines sound cool - I know my dad has always been into steam engines, so I'd like to get a cool shot for him.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    Hay All,
    John, thanks for opening your doors again for this opportunity to gather. We hope to see you all that weekend.
    Lee
    (the other Lee, yea daleeman)
    Welcome again Lee. Welcome again all who have been here before and any film shooters who would like to join us.

Bethe,
    Sure hope you can make it. Never having been a father of a new borne, I'll have to leave that to anyone with experience.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found a contact on the steam engine page and wrote them offering a portfolio of images if they grant access a "back stage pass" as it were. Wonder if they will respond positively.

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    I found a contact on the steam engine page and wrote them offering a portfolio of images if they grant access a "back stage pass" as it were. Wonder if they will respond positively.

Lee
    Lee,

I am really worried about you. You are so shy. I hope you can come out of your shell and get into this hobby.

An interesting thing happened the last time the big steam engine came to the valley. There was to be a big opening event Saturday morning at the Rockside station (north end of the park). I got there an hour early to scope out a good place for the 7x17. Someone mentioned that the train was just across Rockside Road (north-follow the tracks) at very large parking lot. By then there were several hundred people milling about the Rockside station and still no train. I was the third person to figure this out and had all the time I wanted to get up close and personal with the engine.

Once the train got under way each station was packed. Peninsula was swamped with people. Just south of Everett Rd. (covered bridge, our house) is a tiny station at Indigo Lake on Riverview Rd. There were just a few people at this station and plenty of room to take pictures.

History has been known to repeat itself.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll be interested in seeing steam trains. I was a little dissapointed his last spring, the "Thomas The Train" exhibit featured a 'fake' engine, whereas in the past it had always been a live steam engine.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    For those not already on the mailing list, we have something to get us through ‘til the next gathering. The 38th Cleveland Camera Collectors Show, Sunday, August 29, 2010, 10 AM to 4 PM, 4742 Brecksville Rd., Richfield, OH 4486, Days Inn.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Lee,

I am really worried about you. You are so shy. I hope you can come out of your shell and get into this hobby.

An interesting thing happened the last time the big steam engine came to the valley. There was to be a big opening event Saturday morning at the Rockside station (north end of the park). I got there an hour early to scope out a good place for the 7x17. Someone mentioned that the train was just across Rockside Road (north-follow the tracks) at very large parking lot. By then there were several hundred people milling about the Rockside station and still no train. I was the third person to figure this out and had all the time I wanted to get up close and personal with the engine.

Once the train got under way each station was packed. Peninsula was swamped with people. Just south of Everett Rd. (covered bridge, our house) is a tiny station at Indigo Lake on Riverview Rd. There were just a few people at this station and plenty of room to take pictures.

History has been known to repeat itself.

John
    Hi John,
    Heard nothing back from the Choo-Choo People. So the little station might be a good second choice. I'll pay the therapist overtime John if you and I could talk him into a 2 for one deal. ;-O

Lee

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin