Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,244   Online: 967

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12161718192021222324252627 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Glad to see everyone again! Hope we can schedule another gathering sometime soon.

Dale - thanks for the link. Eva's thinking about the route she needs to take for those negatives now - that light source might be a solution.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Big Thanks for a Great Gathering

Hay All,

Sue and I had a great time. Thank you John and Dolly for your warm welcome and hearding us cats together for a great gathering. I learn more and more from other's experiences every time.

We talked on the drive home about getting people excited about a winter adventure into Hocking Hills Ohio area. It is truly a wonderful place and it certainly is beautiful when covered in snow, but not so much it becomes impassable (No guarantees on the weather for a visit). It does take some hearty walking in winter weather.

So here are some interesting web sites to start tempting you for a future shoot

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/hoc...3/Default.aspx

http://www.hockinghills.com/

(Got Guts? This looks like fun, I want to see John up there with his view camera taking action shots)
    http://hockinghillscanopytours.com/

OK yes, this is a digital contest but the images at the site cover the area well
    http://www.shootthehills.com/aws/FHH.../shootthehills

Thanks again
    Sue and Lee

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post

We talked on the drive home about getting people excited about a winter adventure into Hocking Hills Ohio area. It is truly a wonderful place and it certainly is beautiful when covered in snow, but not so much it becomes impassable (No guarantees on the weather for a visit). It does take some hearty walking in winter weather.
    Sounds like an interesting idea. We've never been to that area before.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A big thanks to John and Dolly... AGAIN! That's quite a park you have in your backyard. =)

Thanks to Lee L for always being up for the early morning shoots! Special thanks to Jeff and Eva for the trade (and hauling it around all day Saturday)!

Sorry I missed some of you or didn't get to see you for long (at least I got to play phone tag with Lee and Sue =).

Was great seeing new work from everyone and some for the fist time (Dale and Dan!)

All the best.

Shawn

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I enjoyed my first visit to Cuyahoga Valley National Park, and shooting in the flats. Thanks so much to John and Dolly for being such gracious hosts.

Dan

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thank you all for coming. Thank you for treating our home as your home. It was great fun to go to the Flats. Hope everyone’s images are great. The shouting, clapping and swearing we heard was a regional time trial for school crews in four and eight oar rowing shells. We had a great time. From your posts I hope it was good for all. Again, thank you for coming.

I hope Nate is recovering from the pitifuls. Thank you Jeff and Eva for donating the color enlarger for U Akron. Thanks Dan and Jeff for watching my back as we prowled. At dinner it seemed that the rest of you had as much fun in the Park as we did in the Flats. Dorothy, so glad Ron could join us and see some of our work. It was fun to see pictures of his work. Thanks, those of you who did bring prints to show. I hope the rest of you will bring photos next time. Hope the exam went well today Dale. The Girls want to know if you all will be back Tuesday morning. They have sticks and apples for you to throw.

It was another gathering of like minded people to share and enjoy their differences. Thank you for making it such fun.

Now what shall we do next time? Hocking Hills sounds very interesting.

There are two André Kertész shows coming up soon.

In Pittsburgh, André Kertész: On Reading, October 23, 2010–February 13, 2011 Carnegie Museum of Art and An Album of Photographs by Julia Margaret Cameron at the Frick October 23, 2010–January 2, 2011

In Detroit, Nov 24- Apr 10 Detroit Institute of Art, An Intuitive Eye Andre Kertész, The exhibition surveys Kertész’s career with nearly 100 photographs taken in Hungary, Paris and New York, many of which are drawn from the DIA’s permanent collection.

You are always welcome here, but there are exciting things going on not far away. Is anyone up to organizing a visit?

Thanks again for coming.

John, Dolly and the Girls

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    In Detroit, Nov 24- Apr 10 Detroit Institute of Art, An Intuitive Eye Andre Kertész, The exhibition surveys Kertész’s career with nearly 100 photographs taken in Hungary, Paris and New York, many of which are drawn from the DIA’s permanent collection.
    We would be happy to host the group up our way. We live 20 minutes from downtown Detroit, in a nice suburb with lots of good food and ice cream options. I could also find some places for us to photograph - we have both pretty places and also many abandoned places.

There are some cheap hotels in the area, and we also have lots of floor space if anyone wanted to sleep at the house. Note - we do have too very friendly cats who love to be petted.

Would anyone be willing to make the drive up here to visit? If this sounds interesting, let me know and I'll start arranging something.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    We would be happy to host the group up our way. We live 20 minutes from downtown Detroit, in a nice suburb with lots of good food and ice cream options. I could also find some places for us to photograph - we have both pretty places and also many abandoned places.

There are some cheap hotels in the area, and we also have lots of floor space if anyone wanted to sleep at the house. Note - we do have too very friendly cats who love to be petted.

Would anyone be willing to make the drive up here to visit? If this sounds interesting, let me know and I'll start arranging something.
    Jeff & Eva,

Thank you very much. That is a great offer. Dolly and I definitely want to come up to visit you and see the show. Because of my serious cat allergies we would have to board the dogs here and stay in some hotel you might recommend.

The Andre Kertész show goes from Nov 24- Apr 10. Neither of us are weather persons, but can you tell from memory when we might be least likely to have snow that might alter driving plans in that period. My guess would be Thanksgiving to New Years on weather at least in this area. Lee L is this within your realm of knowledge? What other photography shows or events might coincide with this large time frame?

Thanks,

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post

hey, Jeff...
    Depending on how things work on the calendar, I am always interested in a chance to shoot in the area. My weekends between now and November are pretty crazy with other commitments. Point Pelee is just over an hour away. (ok, I'm an optimist ) but it is definitely a nice place for a nature outing if anyone is interested in crossing the border.

Cheers,
    Tom
    BTW, I haven't forgotten the 8x10 (if you still have it).. unfortunately my dishwasher met the same fate as your washing machine, so it's not the best time to be asking Dora if I can buy another camera. If you can unload it, great, but I'm still hopeful I'm going to hit it big with the lottery really soon.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jeff & Eva,
    Would enjoy joining you all up your way. Figure out what works best for you and let us know when you two can host. Doubt Sue and I may not have a Little Guy by then, but I'm certain we could find accommodations close by.

I kinda remember a Hendy Ford museum up that way where the original Wright Brother's bicycle shop was moved too, is that anywhere near you? How about the house covered in vines or the train station at the Detroit dissasembled show. How hard is it to get into places like that?

Lee

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin