Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,878   Posts: 1,520,315   Online: 1205

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 162021222324252627 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll be there on the 5th, at noon.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Peter has offered to bring a few prints to show that he has collected. Since a dark restaurant may not be the safest place to show these, I would like to invite all who come to continue after lunch at our house for Peter’s show & tell. I am looking forward to seeing what he has found.

As with all our gatherings this invitation is open to Apug members (even wiggly ones) close enough to meet us for noon lunch, Wednesday, January 5, 2011, at Fisher restaurant in Peninsula, OH USA

John

P.S. Bethe, the girls will be happy to dribble, errr, baby sit Nate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That sounds like a great idea.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One might get the impression that you're averse to trying new toning techniques, John. Nate could bring his jars of carrots and beets. (Now Peter's gonna give me an enhanced pat-down at the door to make sure I'm not carrying...)

It will be a last minute decision, but I may be able to make it as well.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hope you can make it Lee.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    One might get the impression that you're averse to trying new toning techniques, John. Nate could bring his jars of carrots and beets. (Now Peter's gonna give me an enhanced pat-down at the door to make sure I'm not carrying...)

It will be a last minute decision, but I may be able to make it as well.

Lee
    Hmmm, beets might be interesting. How would we look with purple/red hair, though?

side note/question - a lot of plants make good dyestuffs (my mom dyes a lot); how much experimentation has happened with fruits, veggies, and photos?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not an expert, but it's been done. I think the problems with these kinds of dyes is that they are not proportional to the image density, and many fade easily. There are tea toned prints here on APUG. I think Tim Rudman's toning book covers this area, but I haven't seen or read it. Just checked, and it looks like the recent reprint has dropped the price of the earlier edition to something very reasonable. It was going for astronomical prices before the reprint. Probably time to order. The new edition is £25 from Rudman's web site. http://www.timrudman.com/content/toning-book-reprint

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    how much experimentation has happened with fruits, veggies, and photos?
    They are called anthotypes.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Bethe,

I have three (perhaps all) of Tim's books if you or any of our guests would like to look through them when you are here. Unfortunately, my interest waned when I had to leave his workshop or pass out on the floor, Toronto, first Apug convention. Between allergies and color blindness lith didn't seem to be a productive path for me. I was really disappointed because Tim is a super person and instructor.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lindan View Post
    They are called anthotypes.
    Can't hear you Nick. Perhaps if you came closer to the table Wednesday we could better enjoy your thoughts.

John

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin