Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,123   Online: 838

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    That looks like fun. Bring on the stories.

John
    BTW, what condition is that truck depot in? It was vacant for a while, has it been renovated or is it still sitting? Might be a good subject for my project ...
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    The truck depot is in pretty bad shape, but it is surrounded by locked fence and we have a pretty active Police force patrolling.

My canal series is all about entropy and some of it is within 2-4 miles of the house. Here is a link to some older pictures and my artist statement. Would you and Dan be interested in any of that? I can show you more recent images when you get here. Half of my Van Dykes are 7x17s from the series.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000479112834

John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The truck depot is in pretty bad shape, but it is surrounded by locked fence and we have a pretty active Police force patrolling.

My canal series is all about entropy and some of it is within 2-4 miles of the house. Here is a link to some older pictures and my artist statement. Would you and Dan be interested in any of that? I can show you more recent images when you get here. Half of my Van Dykes are 7x17s from the series.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000479112834

John
    Hmm ... no security on site, but police patrolling. Probably not worth it, but we'll take a look on the way by.

I think my next theme is going to be something along the lines of entropy - I want to photograph nature recovering land that was previously inhabited. Is there anything in the locks that is less "groomed" - wild and overgrown? Glad to see some of your work making it online btw - great series and it deserves to be seen.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Here's a couple of poor examples of the type of locations I'm looking for ...

House

Porch

Bench

Looking for all types of structures - we actually have many houses in the metro Detroit area like this.

We are also interested in shooting other things if this idea doesn't pan out - whatever works for the group.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    Here's a couple of poor examples of the type of locations I'm looking for ...

House

Porch

Bench

Looking for all types of structures - we actually have many houses in the metro Detroit area like this.
    Some of the locks look that bad or good depending on your view point. The catch is you have to walk to them, maybe a mile one way. I can loan you the baby buggy if you want to carry gear.

Some of the structures down our driveway on Dolly's mother's land look like your Andrew Moore links only strangely in B&W to me. There is a semi trailer that decades ago was put in the woods for storage. It is now almost flat on the ground, rusted away and over grown. There is a tractor shed and a chicken coop in much the same way. Then there is always the old box trailer in the camping area that Dorothy has photographed.

John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Some of the locks look that bad or good depending on your view point. The catch is you have to walk to them, maybe a mile one way. I can loan you the baby buggy if you want to carry gear.

Some of the structures down our driveway on Dolly's mother's land look like your Andrew Moore links only strangely in B&W to me. There is a semi trailer that decades ago was put in the woods for storage. It is now almost flat on the ground, rusted away and over grown. There is a tractor shed and a chicken coop in much the same way. Then there is always the old box trailer in the camping area that Dorothy has photographed.

John
    Those all sound like definite possibilities. We hiked 8-10 miles a day in Utah with my 30 pound backpack, so I think a mile or so wouldn't be too bad. I haven't seen the spots on Dolly's mother's land yet - they sound intriguing as well!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I will plan on being there Sat or Sun. When do you thing people will be showing prints? I'd like to go out to eat with the group also.

I didn't see anyone at the camera show but jameswilliamjones drove up. I picked up another Minolta 16mm camera (Texas Minox) and a new-in-box Peak 1 grain focuser. One less thing to carry back back and forth to the 8x10 enlarger.
    Last edited by ic-racer; 08-31-2010 at 01:36 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I will plan on being there Sat or Sun. When do you thing people will be showing prints? I'd like to go out to eat with the group also.

I didn't see anyone at the camera show but jameswilliamjones drove up. I picked up another Minolta 16mm camera (Texas Minox) and a new-in-box Peak 1 grain focuser. One less thing to carry back back and forth to the 8x10 enlarger.
    Dale,

I am guessing we will show prints Friday night and Saturday after coffee and rolls into the afternoon. I think that because there is some interest in going to the Akron Art Museum Sunday afternoon. I remember you and Bill went last time. On the other hand Dolly and I enjoyed a second visit. When the prints will show is a guess at this point not a statement of fact. I am still trying to learn who all will be here.

Sorry to miss you and Bill last Sunday. I was at the camera show just after it opened.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The big question - what is "planned" for dinner Friday?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Jeff: John had earlier described the flats in Cleveland that sounded interesting to me. But I am a little concerned about equipment security.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin