Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,563   Posts: 1,545,303   Online: 771

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    The big question - what is "planned" for dinner Friday?
    We can go to Fishers in Peninsula Friday and possibly Musketeers Saturday. Will you be packing baby? If so does either restaurant serve your needs better? We can switch days if that helps. The wait at Peninsula may be longer on Saturday.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Henderson View Post
    Jeff: John had earlier described the flats in Cleveland that sounded interesting to me. But I am a little concerned about equipment security.
    If you want to go to the flats security is best with numbers of people. We all watch each other's backs. If several people want to go there we may want to go Saturday. That of course would change when we view prints as stated above to Dale. I am open to ideas so speak freely. What frustrates me is when nobody says anything and I begin to wonder if we will have an event. That sounds certain, so lets work out who wants to do what.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    We can go to Fishers in Peninsula Friday and possibly Musketeers Saturday. Will you be packing baby? If so does either restaurant serve your needs better? We can switch days if that helps. The wait at Peninsula may be longer on Saturday.

John
    I will have the munchkin, if I make it. Whichever place is more used to babies and can have space for a carseat. He'll probably end up on my lap anyway. I'm doing a 3 day trip this coming week (to the in-laws), so I don't know if we'll be up for it or if my neighbor will watch the puppy posse 2 weeks in a row. But I need a dose of some good photography.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    I will have the munchkin, if I make it. Whichever place is more used to babies and can have space for a carseat. He'll probably end up on my lap anyway. I'm doing a 3 day trip this coming week (to the in-laws), so I don't know if we'll be up for it or if my neighbor will watch the puppy posse 2 weeks in a row. But I need a dose of some good photography.
    Hope to see you both.

John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Henderson View Post
    Jeff: John had earlier described the flats in Cleveland that sounded interesting to me. But I am a little concerned about equipment security.
    I think if we're in a group we should be OK, right?
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    If you want to go to the flats security is best with numbers of people. We all watch each other's backs. If several people want to go there we may want to go Saturday. That of course would change when we view prints as stated above to Dale. I am open to ideas so speak freely. What frustrates me is when nobody says anything and I begin to wonder if we will have an event. That sounds certain, so lets work out who wants to do what.

John
    Sounds interesting to me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Security in numbers does sound like a good way to tour the flats. Nothing like my last visit in the late '70s. Had to run, jump in the car and floor the gas to survive to tell about it. Last time I was there or at least on the main drag it seems it mostly yuppieville with bars and stuff. I could be wrong and hope I am because I am certainly intrigued by rusting old stuff. "Cleveland Disassembled." We wouldd need to get off the beaten path.

Also... a change in venue for Friday dinner might be tasty (lower the 45+ minute wait) besides I rarely and hungry enough to eat three horses, one would be fine. Too filling and the hooves get caught in my teeth.
    Last edited by daleeman; 09-01-2010 at 07:20 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

New Toy (Lomo Spinner)

I've been longing for a new toy and it has hit the market. A Lomo Spinner just looks like a lot of fun with a possible trip to the Flatts. I could see myself crouched down with this little guy spinning overhead.

http://www.amazon.com/Lomography-Spi...3343666&sr=8-1

Lee

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    I've been longing for a new toy and it has hit the market. A Lomo Spinner just looks like a lot of fun with a possible trip to the Flatts. I could see myself crouched down with this little guy spinning overhead.

http://www.amazon.com/Lomography-Spi...3343666&sr=8-1

Lee
    It would be fun to compare that to my wife's new toy - a Roundshot 220 VR. Same concept, different engineering.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If we're bringing pano setups to look at, I can bring my Kaidan KiWi-VL, which uses a 35mm rangefinder body and an offset mount to allow multiple still frames for stitching or regular printing and side-by-side display. Did you buy the Spinner, Lee, or just thinking about it? I'd be interested in seeing one in person. Same goes for the Seitz.

Lee
    (the other one, neither of us usually talks to ourselves, at least not in public.)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin