Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,878   Posts: 1,629,458   Online: 1003

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by silke s View Post
    Very big thanks to Jeff and Eva for their wonderful hospitality and for getting us all together for that weekend. It was great, spending time with old friends and meeting new crazy photographers
    Thanks to Charlie for the best coffee I ever had in the US.
    I am looking forward to see everybody’s work from the weekend.
    Jeff, I would love to get a roll.
    Silke,

I am happy that you enjoyed the coffee!! I love to find people who appreciate good coffee and can tell a difference. I got my wife hooked on fresh roasted coffee about four years ago, now she roasts it at home more often than I do, which makes it about 2-3 times a week now.

Hope to see everyone again (I'll make sure I bring more coffee!)

Charlie

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Threefoot View Post
    Silke,

I am happy that you enjoyed the coffee!! I love to find people who appreciate good coffee and can tell a difference. I got my wife hooked on fresh roasted coffee about four years ago, now she roasts it at home more often than I do, which makes it about 2-3 times a week now.

Charlie
    I started roasting my own coffee a year or so ago, and it is a real step down to have to suffer through drip-brewed coffee made from God only knows how long ago roasted beans of suspect lineage.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Henderson View Post
    I started roasting my own coffee a year or so ago, and it is a real step down to have to suffer through drip-brewed coffee made from God only knows how long ago roasted beans of suspect lineage.
    Dan,

Over the years I have grown to accept some things about myself (a few of them may even be positive) one of them is that I tend to throw myself fully into something I enjoy. I got into coffee roasting about 7 years ago and now have upgraded and am on my third roaster (finally got a good one that lasts). I also couldn't just settle on a basic drip brewer because it didn't cover the coffee well enough (or get the water hot enough) so I finally spent the money for a Technivorm. To think, some people just drink coffee ...

Large Format Photography has become my new focus and I am trying to learn and improve my skills as much as possible (there is lots of room for improvement). I have found there is a lot to it and want to learn about it all. I really want to learn how to develop my own 4x5's ... So of course that means me being me, I'll end up with a darkroom eventually. (sorry to my wife)

Charlie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Silke,

Charlie
    I agree with Silke, that was some of the best coffee I've had in ages. Thanks for warming up the weekend.

Cheers,
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    I agree with Silke, that was some of the best coffee I've had in ages. Thanks for warming up the weekend.

Cheers,
    Yup, I don't even like coffee and I thought it was good too!
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At long last... The Trailer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bill,

That is awesome! Looks great! Too bad you weren't able to capture us all when we had to jump from floor-to-floor or when the building blew up ...

Excellent,
    Charlie

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Dan,

Over the years I have grown to accept some things about myself (a few of them may even be positive) one of them is that I tend to throw myself fully into something I enjoy. .... Large Format Photography has become my new focus and I am trying to learn and improve my skills as much as possible .... (sorry to my wife)

Charlie
    The great thing about these people is that fanaticism about something, if not everything, is the norm. The side benefit is that our fanaticism automatically drives away those who are satisfied with less. We are their "nut cases."
    (sorry to all our spouses, and yet they had to have guessed by the time we married)

John

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    The great thing about these people is that fanaticism about something, if not everything, is the norm. The side benefit is that our fanaticism automatically drives away those who are satisfied with less. We are their "nut cases."
    (sorry to all our spouses, and yet they had to have guessed by the time we married)

John
    You know, that might be why Michelle says she'll never marry me, just keep me as her boy-toy.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by billschwab View Post
    At long last... The Trailer
    See that, momma? I'm a star!

Looks so cool, Bill!
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin