Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,907   Posts: 1,555,875   Online: 989

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thank you, Jeff and Eva. What great fun. Climbing around vacant, freezing, breezy old buildings, full of fantasy things and perils was a new and exciting experience. Nurse Eva even had foot and hand warmers for the needy amongst us. Seeing friends who visit here in Ohio, renewing friendships started at Bill Schwab’s events three and four years ago was a hoped for pleasure. The Kertesz exhibit was a delight. He has long been a book favorite, but never previously seen in original prints. The Middle Eastern and Mexican restaurants were really a pleasure, for the taste treats and the opportunity to talk with old and new friends. I would have loved to see more work from people there, but what we saw was really great.

You were wonderful hosts, knowing just how to treat and torture. I was grateful the cats did not wipe out my breathing. Even the snow held off until I was within a mile or two of home. Roommate Dan Henderson was driving right into it. Hope you and everyone else made it safely home.

Jeff and Eva, it was a tremendous success. I hope it will be the first of many more.

John Powers

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I made it home just in time to watch the Bears beat the Lions. The weather was good until I got within 10 miles of home, then ran into lake effect snow. Probably about 6 inches has fallen since yesterday morning.

Let me add my thanks to everyone else's to Jeff and Eva for hosting and organizing, and to Daniel and Silke for guiding. Even though I only exposed one film holder in the school, I thoroughly enjoyed exploring. The upside of that is I only have 2 sheets of film to process, and no fussing over which negative(s) to print.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, we had a mini-blizzard yesterday evening and ended up getting an inch or two of snow last night. They shut down I-75 a bit north of our house. Glad everyone made it home safe.

Looking forward to seeing some photos from the event!
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Jeff, your timing was perfect. Thanks again.

Nine inches of powder in downtown Bath, OH this morning and still falling. If it had been anything but powder neither car would have gotten out of the driveway. Sure hope the ground is warm enough to melt it because we haven’t seen the truck that normally plows for us.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Man.. What a great time I had hanging with the group for the little time I was able. Nothing like hanging with the crew. Great to see old folks and meet the new. Thanks to Jeff and Eva for getting it all together and to everyone else for showing up. I'll be expecting this to be a yearly gig! (at least)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by billschwab View Post
    I'll be expecting this to be a yearly gig! (at least)
    We will definitely plan another gathering - this was too much fun to not continue!
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you, Jeff and Eva for your hospitality. I had a great time meeting everyone and sharing stories. You two make great hosts.

Sorry I had to pass on the enlarger, I really wanted it, my wife thought not until I can find a way to store it and move it in and about. Maybe next time.

Let me know what your friend things of my 645 back. Hope to get it tuned up for the frigid times in February at Hocking Hills. Hope you can all come now.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey there guys, got linked over this way from the Large Format Photography Forum, and if you guys don't mind a noob with an 8x10 running around with you next time around, I'd love to join in!
    Co-Host of The Film Photography Podcast, the bi-monthly internet radio show all about film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mat4226 View Post
    Hey there guys, got linked over this way from the Large Format Photography Forum, and if you guys don't mind a noob with an 8x10 running around with you next time around, I'd love to join in!
    These are wonderful people. They have put up with me for years, so I'm sure that they will roll out the carpet for you. I've just moved to 8x10 this week myself. It is pretty exciting.

Cheers, and welcome to APUG,
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had to say thanks again to Jeff and Eva for allowing me to tag along at the last minute. It was a great time, I am grateful for the experience and for meeting a lot of new friends. And also to Daniel and Silke for their vast knowledge of the area. Totally enjoyable. And to Vinny for carting me around for the day, your company was great. So who has some shots to post?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin