Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,329   Posts: 1,537,177   Online: 834

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    ... to lead a week long thing but I have kicked the idea about some.
    Go for it, Mark. It doesn't have to be a week long thing. In fact, this year the Photostock event is shorter than before at only 3 days. Even a one-day shooting gathering gets people together. Having now been to several of these including John's excellent gatherings in Ohio, I can say without a doubt that they are good for the photographic soul.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Well in that case Bill, please come back for some soul food. We hope to have another three day gathering late July or early Aug. Sorry to miss your event. The service tech said we are buying a new/replacement whole house air conditioner instead. Not my first choice, but Dolly said it is.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Air conditioning would be tops on my list too, John. We had to do it last year... ugh.

I'll keep an eye out for the next gather, but will be doing a workshop in NJ as well as the Maker Faire here in Detroit in those last weekends of the month. And in August we have another group heading up to Iceland. If I can squeak it in, I will for sure. Thanks, John!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Heidi and I are really looking forward to this year's event. Thanks for resurrecting it, Bill! I think it'll be fantastic to run around finding new tripod holes, revisit some old ones, see what goodness Emmet County brings this time around, and most of all spend some time with fellow photographers. I really enjoyed the 2008 event.

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I plan on being there around midday, early afternoon on Wednesday June 23rd.... Bill, do you know if the Birchwood has an external hose that we could use for washing collodion plates? Otherwise, I'll be bringing a 20x24 tray for my shower stall!
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Andy,

Glad you're bringing your gear. Yes, there is a hose bib we can use and I have about 100 feet of hose as well. We'll get an area set-up as I plan on doing portraits of people throughout if I can. I'm going to have my tent "studio" as well. Great for diffusing light.

This is going to be fun!!

If any of you have any films, film clips... bring them along. I've added a new projection screen to the kit and we'll be screening a couple films on the projector in the basement. There is always room for more.

PS... I'll still be leading a workshop up at my place on Wednesday and won't be at the hotel until later in the day.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Brilliant work on getting the Birchwood 'Wet Plate' ready Bill. Sounds like it will be GREAT fun indeed, and I cannot wait. I'll likely be tooling around somewhere near the shore (Sturgeon Bay) around midday on Wednesday. I know this is your last day of the workshop so will likely see you later in the day.

A
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm arriving on the 22nd if anyone wants to get together early. Looking forward to meeting up with you all. Bringing an 11x14 for wet plate. Woo HOO! Staying at the Birchwood.
    Marek Warunkiewicz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We should be arriving on the 22nd as well, and will likely do similarly to Andrew and find our way to the beach for some quiet photography and enjoyment.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just hope Bill ordered some better weather than what we've been having here lately.

Jerry

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin