Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,759   Online: 1257

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hear Schwab has a lot of influence over the weather, which could almost be considered super-human. Cool.

AccuWeather predicts high seventies and mostly sunny for the 22nd and 23rd, and that's as far as the forecast will stretch. And those guys never lie.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    I hear Schwab has a lot of influence over the weather, which could almost be considered super-human. Cool.
    Nothing more than a good Karma contract, Thomas! My fingers are crossed!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Steve Zimmerman! You're email is bouncing back! I don't want you and others to think that your registration was for naught. Out of the 60+ registrants, I'm seeing that the newsletter hasn't reached 20 of you. This could be due to SPAM filters, etc.

For those of you that might have missed the recent newsletter, you can read it onine HERE.

http://mim.io/088f11

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just unchecked my anti-Schwab filter so you should be good to go.

Also, I will pm you my address again, I may have had a typo on the registration.

Looking forward to the event! I hope it is cloudy and foggy myself...at least while we're out shooting any way. Really looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Cheers!

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The Oberon Has Been Secured!

Hello All,

My excitement over the event is growing by the day. We're getting really close now and I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to seeing everyone. I just heard from the Birchwood Inn folks saying that room reservations have done very well. They are very grateful to have us back are very much looking forward to our arrival. We will pretty much have the run of the place including the sun room, patio and basement meeting room. They have also purchased 2 free standing fire pits and wood for our use, so we'll also have a couple campfires to sit around. Don't forget the marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers!

Just a note to say that I am scheduling the "official" reception for Photostock on Friday night, the 24th. Due to the fact that people will still be arriving and the UP exploratory group will most likely be returning later in the evening, we'll start the party later and let it go on late. Let's say an official start time at 8PM and we'll go to the last person standing.

I have ordered a half barrel of Oberon for the festivities as well. The unofficial beer of Photostock that is brewed right here in Michigan. There will also be a variety of soft drinks as well as the usual munchies. I'd also like everyone to feel free to bring something to share for the party. If you have a specialty that you like to bring to parties as a pass around, it will be most appreciated. We'll have paper plates, napkins and plastic cups, so you don't have to worry about bringing any of these items.

We will also be fortunate to have Cynthia Motzenbecker presenting a new and updated version of her vintage photography collection that will include the "naughty" portion for adults only. Cindy has shared these in the past at photostock and the show has been one of the most requested, so we are very happy to have her back again.

I had also hoped to have others come with presentations that we can add to the schedule, but so far, no one has come forward. You are still more than welcome to do this and there will be a digital projector, screen and computer for anyone wishing to take a slot, so let me know if you are interested.

Last, but not least... Due to the event being free this year... In an effort to cover any costs, I will also be offering a small print for sale soon at a very reduced price and all proceeds will go toward the event. The offer will only be placed here as well as go out to the registered guests via email.

More to come soon!

Bill

Resister Here!

www.photostock2011.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Me wants the precious.... OBERONNNNNNNNN
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    precious..precious...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qgLv3IeOzc

Otis Clay knows how it tastes!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think some Kid Rock "Bad Ass" beer might be called for also.

Jerry

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Zima anyone?
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Blantons???
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin