Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,967   Posts: 1,558,458   Online: 1006

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192324252627282930 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ditto. Ike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Glad everyone's interested in the Rocks area. I'm looking forward to exploring back along H-58 towards Grand Marais. It's been a lot of years since I've been along there.

Thanks for all the information, Marc! I'm looking at all the options, but also think it might be best to try to book somewhere where others are as well. I'll see if I can't get a group discount somewhere, but not sure we'll have enough. I'll post back if and when I find anything.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep, I agree. I'm actually not sure where the 'base camp area' is. I just threw the Munising thing out there. I love H-58! Last time I was there was before it was paved. Once, I was parked along side H-58 taking some pics when a coyote came slowly loping out of the woods and calmly went right by me about 20 feet away but never stopping. He/she just kinda looked at me and kept on truckin'. It was cool. No pics, though, as it was getting dark and I had Kodachrome 25 in my old Zeiss Ikon Contaflex Super BC. Thanks for all you're doing, Bill. Haven't seen you in a while. Can't wait to get on the road (finally).

-Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    H-58 is paved!?! It HAS been a long time for me. Yes, Marc... it will be good to see you and everyone that comes.

I just looked at the Days Inn and they seem to have plenty of rooms at 89.00 per night. Still looking... I think Munising is the best bet for convenience, choice of eateries, etc. Jim is close by too.

Anyone know if the "Dog Patch" is still there? Used to be great for breakfast.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK... I checked with Days Inn and they will give us a group rate of at least 79.00 per room. I wasn't able to speak with the manager until the morning and I'm told she might give us a better deal. We can also make use of a breakfast room in the evening if we want to show prints, etc. It looks clean and up to date and they have free internet, a pool, sauna, hot tub, etc. We could have a rollicking good time.

http://tinyurl.com/3vhnulu

Let me speak with the manager in the morning and see what she'll do for us. I'll post as soon as I know. If this happens, book your room saying you are with North Light Workshops and you'll get the rate we are quoted.

Bill

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Dog patch

Still there and open as far as I know
    Sean Depuydt - Escanaba Michigan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ha! The Dog Patch! That's where Keith (Iceland) and I would start our days on our trips up there. http://www.dogpatchrestaurant.com/

Another tidbit: I haven't been up in the area since Miner's Castle had two peaks.

Days Inn sounds great!

-Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Excellent!! That'll be my breakfast haunt.

Ditto on the Miner's Castle peaks. Back in the mid-70's I used to hike the trail a lot before it was a NP (Called the Munising Walk then...) and we were able to scale those towers. I actually have a picture of myself sitting atop the one that is no longer! Glad it waited and hope I wasn't the cause.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow. Can you imagine? That would have been some death-ride into Lk Superior! Would love to see your pic!

So is Thursday, 10/6 day one? Tom and I will coming in from Batchawana Bay, Ontario on Wednesday night, I believe.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in. (but I'll be away and out of email range for the next three days.) I'm definitely interested in a night or two at the Days Inn.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin