Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,088   Online: 1041

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2024252627282930
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, Marc ... Day 1 will be Thursday. I won't get in until the evening myself unless I can get away earlier. I'll post the info on the Days Inn as soon as I get it. I'll also look for that shot!

It'll be good to see you, Tom!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tom, uh, since Dora will probably do you in after this trip, you might as well make the best of it and stay for the duration.

-Marc

Gim

A couple blocks west of the Dogpatch (same road, west end of the 2 1/2 block strip), name unknown, is a bar with a hotdog place semi attached to the back of it with unique ordering system. Good stuff. Always have the Bear Claw a few miles east of town on H58 that has always been good (except for the last time, ditzy teen only one there). H58 has been paved for about 2 years? If you have not been there in a while you will not recognize it.

If anybody is interested in the Mosquito Falls, Grand Portal and Chapel Falls hike, I can serve a guide. I understand that they now have some post with arrows and my services may not be needed. Its 11 plus miles and worth it.

All we need is a headquarters, bulletin board or something.

Looking forward to seeing you all

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Gim View Post
    All we need is a headquarters, bulletin board or something.

Jim
    I'm on Google+, an alternative to facebook with more controls. I see Schwab took up my invite and is there now as well. Yesterday Google+ moved from 'invitation only' to 'open beta' so anyone can create an account now. We could each have a Google+ 'circle' that included folks who will be in on the UP event. What happens inside a 'circle' of friends that you make in Google+ stays inside that circle, with no one else seeing it unless you specify that. You can also start a 'live hangout' on Google+, which is basically a live video conference with multiple members using web cams, each person logging in shows up in their own video window. Or you could just post to the group with your plans or suggestions for the day, breakfast, lunch, dinner, evening, etc.

Just a suggestion, not trying to sell a service or promote the social web. I'm no longer on facebook.

Lee

Looks like FilmSprocket is also on Google+.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok... Got the goods on the Days Inn as a base. I'm starting a new thread on this to avoid confusion, so check there. The Days is giving us a room rate of 70.00 plus tax for a double queen, or 65.00 for a single/double. I have 6 rooms blocked out until Monday morning. You'll have to book quick to get the rooms and rates as they are filling up.

http://www.daysinnmunising.com/

Call the 906-387-2493 number NOT the 800 number. The main booking office for Days won't kno of the group rate. You'll be calling the hotel directly.

Mention North Light Workshops for the group rate.

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just called and booked. The person I spoke to corrected the price quoted for the single/double that I asked for, saying it was $50 rather than $65 for the North Light Workshops. I'm not guaranteeing that, but it's a nice extra savings.

When we were up there a few years ago, our cabin host recommended the last evening boat tour of the day out to Pictured Rocks. That puts the sun to the west, lighting the rocks that generally face northwest. Our trip was sunny and beautiful, but was earlier in the summer, putting the sun further north and higher than it will be that time of day this time of year. I'll crunch some numbers on the sun position for our days there and see what looks like the probable best light.

Looking forward to it.

Lee

"I'm booked and I got to go." - Robert Johnson, Terraplane Blues

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Booked!

Thanks Bill! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.
    Sean Depuydt - Escanaba Michigan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Booked for a double queen. (Something unsettling about that combination of words but that's what it is.) Thanks, Bill! Looking forward to meeting the new and seeing the familiar faces again. -Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Trying to get in on this... Out of town until Sunday evening. I will call for a single asap
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin