Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,208   Posts: 1,531,922   Online: 1116

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

NE OH Photoswap Meet, March 6, 2011

Lee L sent notice that Photorama USA will be having their “EVERYTHING PHOTOGRAPHIC SHOW” at the Days Inn (formerly Quality Inn) in Richfield, OH, Sunday, March 6, 2011, from 10 AM – 3 PM. The location is about ¼ mile south of the OH Turnpike Exit 173 on Brecksville Road.

In January several of us met for lunch and looked at prints afterward. Peter brought some great vintage prints he has been collecting. It was suggested we should do it again in March. If interested, we could prowl this show in the morning and meet for lunch at the Musketeer restaurant just south of Wheatley Rd. and Brecksville Rd.

Post here so we can get an idea of who might come. PM with your email if you would like me to forward a $1 off coupon. $6 Admission, $5 with coupon, Students $2 with ID. Let’s see. That gets me in for a $1.

Hope to see you. If anyone wants to bring prints to show, we can go to the Powers’ house after lunch and have reasonable light and a table with unreasonable comments.

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Alright, a Sunday! That I can do. Been awhile, John, looking forward to seeing you. I'll bring some new work.

Are you planning on being there for the opening at 10am?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow,
    I am on the fence on this. Sue will be out of town either Friday and Sat or Sat and Sunday. Would love to drive up and see you all.

Speaking of old prints, I have a dilema I have some of my Grandfather's prints and that of his friend Nickolas Boris and they are beginning to show their age. Mr. Boris's prints are EPIC and beautiful, and my grandfather's are good too byt Mr. Boris was an exceptional photographer. They need attention and I am no archivast but they need an additional 100 years or more to bring joy.

If I can make it up then I would love to show them to you all and see what you think. If not sometime in the near future. I probably should start a new thread on APUG (1 million plus posts YEA) for advice. I have digital scans of most of them and could post a few to show what I mean.

Mr. Boris was Greek and some of his images are online. I have a print of the men with the nets, plus some rather stunning ones not shown here. See some here
    http://www.aaa.si.edu/collections/im...tographer-6539

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    Alright, a Sunday! That I can do. Been awhile, John, looking forward to seeing you. I'll bring some new work.

Are you planning on being there for the opening at 10am?
    Yes, I usually am there at the opening and gone shortly there after if there are no enticements.

I thought we could work out what to do with who ever comes. If people are finding things of interest we can stay until lunch time. If I haven’t found anything of interest and others have, I can always get a cup of coffee and read the paper. Alternatively we can go to our house early and then lunch. I just think it is great that people are interested in getting together to talk. If weather permits some may want to go shoot in the PM or go back to the show.

You all come and bring pictures.

John
    Last edited by jp80874; 02-28-2011 at 11:05 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    Wow,
    I am on the fence on this. Lee
    Watch those fences. That can hurt.

I'll have to confirm this with Dolly, but if people want to drive in Saturday and stay over night (camp or hotel) we could all have dinner together. I know it is a long drive from Dayton and Pittsburgh is not just around the corner.

Lee, those pictures sound great. Please bring them. As to preservation information I think as you suggest that you will get more readers with a separate thread.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I recently got the e-mail notification and I was thinking the same thing. Musketeers is good. How about meeting up there 11 to 12:00? I have some new prints since our last meeting.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I recently got the e-mail notification and I was thinking the same thing. Musketeers is good. How about meeting up there 11 to 12:00? I have some new prints since our last meeting.
    Dale,

Glad you are coming. "How about meeting up there 11 to 12:00?" Do you mean at the restaurant or the show at 11-12?

I suggested meeting at the show at 10 AM when it opens. If people want we can then meet at the restaurant at 12. After lunch, assuming it is okay with Dolly, we can go to our house to look at prints.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I talked with Peter a few minutes ago. He has received the Atget print he talked about at our last lunch and thinks he will be able to bring it to show Sunday. This all subject to what ever happens in his life between now and then. He has collected a Watkins print that he will bring and possibly something else will have arrived by then.

Peter says he is all done now. I think that is the 273rd time I have heard him say something to that effect. Don't stop now Peter. We are enjoying your collective spirit.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, hope he brings it! Don't "they" say that the 274th time is the charm?

I have a Michael A. Smith print (to which Peter alerted me of the sale - of course) and 4 Mark Citret prints. I'll try and remember to bring those along.

Shawn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm hoping to be there as well. For those who haven't been to the Days Inn (formerly Quality Inn), or Musketeers Bar and Grill, they are both on a map on a summary map on a NEOH APUG page that I have going: https://sites.google.com/site/neohapug/home/places

I'd love to see the Citret prints in person, as well as the Atget, Watkins, and others.

Lee

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin