Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,822   Posts: 1,581,939   Online: 938

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    There is something new in the area that you might want to check out while you are here. A new donut shop with what I think are very good products has sprouted on Brecksville Rd. It is located on the east side of the road between Everett (our road) and Wheatley (north of us with access to Rt. 77). It is just north of the Three Musketeers Restaurant in what was a video store. It normally sells out by 10:00 AM.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    There is something new in the area that you might want to check out while you are here. A new donut shop with what I think are very good products has sprouted on Brecksville Rd. It is located on the east side of the road between Everett (our road) and Wheatley (north of us with access to Rt. 77). It is just north of the Three Musketeers Restaurant in what was a video store. It normally sells out by 10:00 AM.

John
    Donuts a la mode?
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    Donuts a la mode?
    For breakfast that would be with bacon ice cream, right?

If you bring the enlarger lamps, I'll bring the cash. I plan on coming over Sat morning.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend. I'll only be able to make it Saturday, but I'll be there the whole day.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    For breakfast that would be with bacon ice cream, right?

If you bring the enlarger lamps, I'll bring the cash. I plan on coming over Sat morning.

Lee
    Sounds good.

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm all packed up and ready to go. Evan, Frank and I will be arriving this evening, certainly too late for dinner. See you in the morning!

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Jeff, Mike, Evan, Frank:
    Thanks for coming. We will see you Saturday morning.

All: It is sunny this AM. I have just mowed the grass by the house so that should improve the wetness factor. Unfortunately the tractor won't start now so I can't mow camping area. Too much other work to do to play mechanic this afternoon. Sorry campers. You are still welcome to camp, but the grass is tall and the ground is wet.

Be careful of the deer. They are very tame. I just had two young does stand and watch as I cleared some downed limbs at the entrance to the camping area. The deer were perhaps 15 feet from me. I commented that they hadn’t offered to help.

There is one huge very pregnant doe, who for the last week has been lying down in the mornings across the pond from us on the grass. When she gets up very slowly she is very big. She may be the source of twins we have seen about every other year. Please be careful. A very small doe can wipe out a fender or more if you hit her.

John
    Last edited by jp80874; 05-06-2011 at 11:28 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just to let everyone know from out of town, we have a shop that caters to analog photography needs. Dodd camera in Cleveland has film, paper, chemicals, darkroom supplies, and even two glass counters filled with used film cameras. They usually have gallon containers of developer, fixer, acetic acid etc. for anyone wanting to stock up. Last time I looked at shipping a gallon of developer, it cost more than the developer. They have 4x5 sheet film in stock, as well as 120 in multiple emulsions. They also have the Fuji instant film. I got 100 feet of T-max yesteday for $56 which is reasonable ($54 at B&H).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    We (Eva, myself and Charlie) will be there between 8 and 9pm. See you soon!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Just to let everyone know from out of town, we have a shop that caters to analog photography needs. Dodd camera in Cleveland has film, paper, chemicals, darkroom supplies, and even two glass counters filled with used film cameras. They usually have gallon containers of developer, fixer, acetic acid etc. for anyone wanting to stock up. Last time I looked at shipping a gallon of developer, it cost more than the developer. They have 4x5 sheet film in stock, as well as 120 in multiple emulsions. They also have the Fuji instant film. I got 100 feet of T-max yesteday for $56 which is reasonable ($54 at B&H).
    On the two occasions I've tried to get Xtol from Dodd's in the last couple of years they haven't had any in stock and haven't been able to give me any assurance that any more would arrive anytime within the following two or three months. KEH also comes through occasionally and buys out their used gear stock. So Dodd's can be hit and miss on some products. It took them almost a year after introduction to order the new Ektar 100 in 35mm.

One of their sales staff also told my wife last week that there are no film cameras currently being manufactured. I like supporting the locals, but they make it hard sometimes.

Lee

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin