Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,686   Posts: 1,482,323   Online: 950

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had a great time and met some new folks, great job again John and Dolly!

It turns out my Polaroid shutter stuck open but it is now since repaired.

Jeff, we did not get enough time to go over the Horseman 6x9, but I am e-mailing you the extensive owner's manual to check out. I think it makes a great travel camera as you can use it either hand held and it folds up with almost every available lens. Or use it with a triopd like a view camera and have full movements. The 6x9cm image is not that much smaller than 4x5in and the convenience of rollfilm on a trip is unchallenged.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had a great time as well. Nice to catch up with old friends and make a few new friends. Sorry I had to bug out for Sat evening, but I had some things that needed to be taken care of.

Thanks again to Dolly and John for the constant great hospitality, and to everyone else for the good company.

Lee

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Jeff, we did not get enough time to go over the Horseman 6x9, but I am e-mailing you the extensive owner's manual to check out. I think it makes a great travel camera as you can use it either hand held and it folds up with almost every available lens. Or use it with a triopd like a view camera and have full movements. The 6x9cm image is not that much smaller than 4x5in and the convenience of rollfilm on a trip is unchallenged.
    That would be great. Thanks!
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Dolly & I want to thank you all for coming, having a good time, taking such good care of our place, making sure we didn't lose anything on the porta potty and enjoying yourselves. We especially enjoyed the print showing, the results of our hard work enjoyed by our friends. We hope to see you again soon. Dan we missed you, come again. Please be safe, coming, going and while you are here. This next post is a real wakeup call. Don't let it be one of us.

John, Dolly and the Girls.
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I am glad this did not happen to any of our visitors. Please be careful out there.

John

"Man dies after plunging down Brandywine Falls in Cuyahoga Valley National Park Published: Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 6:07 PM Updated: Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 9:04 PM By Tonya Sams, The Plain Dealer

SAGAMORE HILLS, Ohio -- A 31-year-old man died Tuesday afternoon after falling from the top of Brandywine Falls, a 60-foot high ribbon of water on Brandywine Creek in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park.

The victim and his friend were sitting at the lip of the falls soaking their feet in the water, and he slipped, said Mary Pat Doorley, a spokeswoman for the national park. The woman he was with also slipped, but she did not go over the edge. She tried to catch her friend, but could not, Doorley said.

Sagamore Hills police received a call about 1 p.m. that the man, whose name has not been released, had fallen from the top of the waterfall. Rescuers recovered the body about 4:30 p.m. Two hikers on the Gorge Trail were at the base of the falls at the time, and one tried to reach the man, but was unsuccessful, Doorley said.

The Summit County Special Response Team and police from Macedonia, Cuyahoga Falls, Hudson, Northfield, Akron and Brecksville, along with Bath Township fire department, assisted Sagamore Hills. The incident remains under investigation.
    This is second fatality since the falls became part of the national park, Doorley said. In 1995, a man fell over the boardwalk fence and died.

Brandywine Falls, the highest falls in the region, are on the eastern edge of the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. It's one of the most visited spots because of its beauty: the falls are surrounded by evergreens, hemlocks and maple trees and cut through layer of Berea sandstone.

It's accessible through an extensive boardwalk that allows visitors to view it. The falls are often is used by wedding parties for photographs.

The creek is a tributary of the Cuyahoga River.
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks again John for a great weekend -- it was nice to get out and be with people shooting film cameras. Makes one feel like less of an old fuddy-duddy anachronism. Though all the i-whatstits were a bit intimidating: I still use my 1988 Toshiba T-1000 (512K ram, DOS 2.11, single floppy ...) when working under the trees - it waits for my next keystroke just as fast as any 2.8 GHz quad core in existence.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lindan View Post
    I still use my 1988 Toshiba T-1000 (512K ram, DOS 2.11, single floppy ...) when working under the trees - it waits for my next keystroke just as fast as any 2.8 GHz quad core in existence.
    You are aware, aren't you, that you're probably violating some 1990's or 2000's software iPatent somewhere by doing that? I'm pretty sure waiting for a keystroke is in the portfolio somewhere.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm just starting to print the stuff from last weekend. These two are from Sat. when I lead a group into the riverbed. Tri-x in the Nikon N75 with the cheapie 28-80 lens. Using the auto matrix metering (which is very, very good) and the autofocus.

Shooter
    Multi Format

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Snapshots from the Gathering

Made with my little point n' shoot onto old Kodak 400 speed film and processed at CVS pharmacy. Adequate for recuerdos.

Picture 1 -- Gathered around John's table, talking about ... stuff.
    Picture 2 -- Part of the group at a railroad bridge along the canal parkway.
    Picture 3 -- Dinner Saturday night, at The Musketeer.
    Picture 4 -- Evan and Frank of the Midwest Large Format Asylum.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Natter2.JPG   AtBridge2.JPG   Dinner2.JPG   FrankEvan2.JPG  
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin