Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,702   Posts: 1,482,661   Online: 641
      
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 135
  1. #31
    jp80874's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bath, OH 44210 USA
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    3,279
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    We're still interested! We'll be there Friday night after dinner (probably 9ish, maybe later) until Sunday morning.
    Glad to hear it. Are you still bringing another couple?

    John

  2. #32
    jp80874's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bath, OH 44210 USA
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    3,279
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Wheelihan View Post
    I am still interested and working on it. Will know soon, sure would like to. I'll let you know.
    I hope you can make it Charlie. If you are coming please PM me with this information from the boiler plate.

    "If you have not been here before please PM me with name, address, phone, email and emergency contact in case you do something you shouldn’t have. I will return with directions."

    John

  3. #33
    ic-racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    5,945
    We have not had a special demonstration or mini-workshop for a while and I had an idea I'd like to do. The last time htimsdj and I got together he was using a Polaroid 350. Subsequently I got one also (these are the cameras with the Zeiss rangefinder). I'd like to shoot everyone's portriat on Polaroid to explore what these cameras will do and as a gift for each sitter. I'd also propose to anyone interested to bring any Polaroid gear (backs or cameras) and shoot some Polaroid, and we can show our work in the afternoon.

    Another thing we have done in the past that newcomers might be interested in is recycling darkroom equipment. We have had informal swapmeet from the trunks of cars passing along surplus darkroom equipment into needy hands.

    Along those lines, Jeff B, did you ever replace that capacitor in the Durst Power Supply? If not, the offer still stands that if you bring it with you (and the new part) I'll replace it.

  4. #34
    daleeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    972
    Images
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I'd like to shoot everyone's portriat on Polaroid to explore what these cameras will do and as a gift for each sitter.
    Love the idea of portraits. Unfortunately I do not have a Polaroid 350, I do have a Polaroid back for individual sheets for the 4x5 but have not seen any film for it for some time.

    I could bring the 150mm and the Hassy and do some portraits too (OHHH and the compendium shade); just not as fast as the Polaroid instant prints. I've got some alien bees, stands, umbrellas and flash meter is anyone is interested is using them; somewhere we could stretch some AC runs.

    John, do you have any flowering trees or bushes by the pond about that time?

  5. #35
    jp80874's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bath, OH 44210 USA
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    3,279
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    We have not had a special demonstration or mini-workshop for a while and I had an idea I'd like to do. The last time htimsdj and I got together he was using a Polaroid 350. Subsequently I got one also (these are the cameras with the Zeiss rangefinder). I'd like to shoot everyone's portriat on Polaroid to explore what these cameras will do and as a gift for each sitter. I'd also propose to anyone interested to bring any Polaroid gear (backs or cameras) and shoot some Polaroid, and we can show our work in the afternoon.

    Another thing we have done in the past that newcomers might be interested in is recycling darkroom equipment. We have had informal swapmeet from the trunks of cars passing along surplus darkroom equipment into needy hands.

    Along those lines, Jeff B, did you ever replace that capacitor in the Durst Power Supply? If not, the offer still stands that if you bring it with you (and the new part) I'll replace it.
    Great ideas Dale. Thank you for contributing. Nice portrait offer. I don't personally have anything Polaroid other than a 4x5 Polaroid film holder that has been lonesome for film a few years. At the FAVA show, Lee L, Dolly and I met Mat M and his girl friend. They are thinking about coming to the event, working out some scheduling conflicts. Mat had two images in the show, one an 8x10 self Polaroid portrait. Both the Polaroid holder and 8x10 camera were new to him. Not bad getting juried into a six state regional show with a new process, in a new format, on a new camera. I hope they will join us.

    The recycling of good darkroom equipment is also a great idea. Bring what you got to sell or trade. Please feel welcome if you want to post in this thread, what you might bring ahead of time to see if anyone is interested. On the other hand, just bring it, because there are a lot of us who don’t know we want something until we lay eyes and hands on it.

    John

  6. #36
    jp80874's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bath, OH 44210 USA
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    3,279
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    Love the idea of portraits. Unfortunately I do not have a Polaroid 350, I do have a Polaroid back for individual sheets for the 4x5 but have not seen any film for it for some time.

    I could bring the 150mm and the Hassy and do some portraits too (OHHH and the compendium shade); just not as fast as the Polaroid instant prints. I've got some alien bees, stands, umbrellas and flash meter is anyone is interested is using them; somewhere we could stretch some AC runs.

    John, do you have any flowering trees or bushes by the pond about that time?
    Lee,

    I think the blooming sequence here goes weeping cherry (white), five apple trees of different varieties, lilac, cherry tree and late dogwood. When these will each kick in can only be predicted by God and the weatherman as far as I know. We have pusy willow and daffodils in bloom right now, but they will be gone by then. At some point some iris will also kick in.

    John

  7. #37
    Jeff Bannow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    1,754
    Images
    41
    Not sure - they would like to come but haven't committed yet. I hope so though!
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

  8. #38
    Jeff Bannow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    1,754
    Images
    41
    Sounds like an interesting idea. I might be able to scrounge up something polaroidy. We also have lots of spare darkroom gear we could bring along as well.

    We replaced the capacitor and I think all is working well now. Thanks though!

    I would be interested in having someone look at our densitometer (to make sure it is working properly) and negs to see if we are on the right track with our personal dev time and personal film speed.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

  9. #39
    jp80874's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bath, OH 44210 USA
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    3,279
    Images
    6
    Jeff,

    I sent you a PM on a possible way to solve the densitometer question with a local connection.

    John

  10. #40
    daleeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    972
    Images
    17
    Happy Easter to all.
    Look forward to see you in May

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin