Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,952   Posts: 1,586,004   Online: 788

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    John and others,
    We had talked about portraits and I wonder if that is still on? I'll still bring some mono flashes if we want to play with them. If we have a zero interest I'll leave them behind.

Looking forward to your special shooting places and seeing everyone again.
    Lee
    Lee,

That sounds like a great idea to me. The weeping cherry is just going out of bloom now. Maybe the apples will hit by then. Can't promise. I think portraits are a super idea.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looking at the list of attendees, this is an event I would really like to take part in. Unfortnuately, I have theatre tickets for Saturday night, so I will have to pass (again... wasn't I doing a show during the Nov. gathering?) I hope to be able to join you some day.

Cheers, and best wishes to all...
    Last edited by Toffle; 04-27-2011 at 11:53 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think I will be able to make it (with Nate in tow). I'm thinking of driving over on Friday in time for dinner and staying 'til afternoon. I'll post when I'm more sure of when. I don't have much for new prints, but we'll see.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    I think I will be able to make it (with Nate in tow). I'm thinking of driving over on Friday in time for dinner and staying 'til afternoon. I'll post when I'm more sure of when. I don't have much for new prints, but we'll see.
    Looking forward to your visit. Could you bring the 16x20 prints from the glass plates to show? That sounds like a very interesting project. How are you maintaining firm contact with the print paper? What caused your choice of RC over fiber? Is there some advantage with glass plate? Most of all just come. We have missed you.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Looking forward to your visit. Could you bring the 16x20 prints from the glass plates to show? That sounds like a very interesting project. How are you maintaining firm contact with the print paper? What caused your choice of RC over fiber? Is there some advantage with glass plate? Most of all just come. We have missed you.

John
    The plates weigh enough that firm contact doesn't seem like a problem. And RC is pretty flat. I chose RC because the client isn't that concerned with awesome prints as he is just having a positive print for viewing (and scanning, likely). I started printing glass plates for him a couple of years ago with mostly 8x10s. I showed him RC and fiber and he said RC was fine. These days, I don't have as much time for washing either.
    I wish I had some of the earlier plates I printed - some were interesting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    John and others,
    We had talked about portraits and I wonder if that is still on? I'll still bring some mono flashes if we want to play with them. If we have a zero interest I'll leave them behind.

Looking forward to your special shooting places and seeing everyone again.
    Lee
    In terms of Polaroaid Portraits, I got the 4.5 v battery for my Pola 250 and the auto metering/shutter seems to be responding appropriately to light. B&H was closed all last week, so I don't have any film yet, but I'm still planning on trying to get a shot of everyone that wants to sit for the camera.
    I'll have to use available light as I don't think that camera has a xenon flash synch.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Bethe,

Thanks for the clarification. Sorry there aren’t any prints to show.

“I don't have as much time for washing either”. Please take a look at the vertical print washers while you are here. You put the prints into one filled with water, turn on the water to the flow you want, walk away, come back an hour or more later and they are washed. From there you squeegee the water off and dry on screens.

Just one more item on the wish to see list and I’ll stop pestering. Do you have any of the family Daguerreotypes that you would show?

Thanks,

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I'm still planning on trying to get a shot of everyone that wants to sit for the camera.
    I'll have to use available light as I don't think that camera has a xenon flash synch.
    Dale and Lee,

Thank you again for offering to do this. It should be a lot of fun and everyone who wants will have a take home gift.

Thanks,

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    The party is official. The porta potty has been ordered. Remember please that we rent this because we fear our elderly septic system will not tolerate the load. The cost is $111.00 for the weekend. Historically we have put a jar out on the table for contributions. We will be most grateful for your help. Last event was the only time contributions did not equal cost. We would rather not go through the trouble of collecting a cost per person, but we can switch to that in the future if needed. I will consult with Eva the accountant and enforcer.

Thanks,

John,
    who has dug up and repaired three septic systems in his life and would rather not have that pleasure again.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Thanks Jeff B.

I just got a confirmation and contact info from Charlie.

Are you still planning to camp? If so Cindy is still planning to move in on Eva again. I asked Charlie if he would be camping or staying at a motel?

I wonder if the Country Maid has considered renting over night parking space?

John
    Eva, Charlie and I will all be camping. Tent camping this time though.

Camping at the Country Maid would be great! I could work with them on my new series of breakfast ice creams .....
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin