Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,683   Posts: 1,548,532   Online: 890

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Change in dates. Now Oct 14 - 16. This is to better capture the Fall colors along the water falls. Sue is now able to join us, she is a great Naturalist and expert Birder. Hope you all can join us.

Lee

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, I'm not working that weekend. We'll have to wait and see.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    Well, I'm not working that weekend. We'll have to wait and see.
    Chris, it will be good to meet you if you can come. Lets drum up some others to get interested.

I picked up some information and advice on the place from some folks on a seperate URL
    http://www.luminous-landscape.com/fo...?topic=55936.0

This gave the advice to move the trip to October and the 14-16 fits in the middle so its the best odds of a colorfull fall by dates at least.

Lee

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    For those coming, dress layered and light. And make sure you have room to haul the layers you peel off. Comfortable and sturdy footwear. It's a graded trail. Meaning, elevation drops about 1,400 feet over the space of two miles IIRC, and that's questionable.

Again, no promises for attending. But I owe this to myself if I can at all make it.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I put this in the Mid Atlantic group as well, Lee. We'll see if anyone else chimes in.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oct 14 - 16. Get it on you schedules. Little more than two months away and best estimates by the locals for full fall colors and 22water falls.

A second thread with some wonderful images are on the LL discussion board.
    http://www.luminous-landscape.com/fo...?topic=55936.0

Love to see many APUGers show up and enjoy this gem of a place.

Lee

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    PM sent. But I really owe this to myself. I'm in. And if the weather is passable (nights no lower than 50 and no rain or not much anyway) I'm camping.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    So, that's Lee and me. Who shall make three. Rick?
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My thoughts and prayers go out to those who were touched by Irene as the storms devistated so many lives. It was tough watching all the news on the TV for several days.

I noticed that the winds and rains made it all the way back into North Eastern PA and wondered if it changed the progression of the fall leaves. I believe it has but do not know for certain.

Anyone have any other update?
    Last edited by daleeman; 08-30-2011 at 08:46 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've been to Ricketts Glen a few times - love it. I've been trying to see if I can swing that weekend. If I can, it'll be with the rest of the family for the weekend. Checking our "regular" B&B for availability now.

I'm in "downstate" PA, and things look pretty much the same after Irene as they did before. Weather is a bit cooler, so it's possible that it will advance the change in colors - but I wouldn't worry about it. Even if we miss the color in Ricketts Glen, the falls are beautiful.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin