Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,332   Posts: 1,537,396   Online: 1068

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Doug Clow, a 5x7 shooter from the LF Forum and Canton, OH says he will join us Saturday morning at breakfast after shooting earlier in the area.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    We were surprised to see a coyote walking rapidly by the pond the other morning.
    Maybe I should bring over some of that ACME brand stuff I've been trying to sell off.
    I have some anvils, rockets, dynamite, roller skates, and other equipment new in the box.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hope to be there at least for Saturday.

Thanks for hosting these get-togethers, they are great fun.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lindan View Post
    I hope to be there at least for Saturday.

Thanks for hosting these get-togethers, they are great fun.
    Hope you can come Nick. It is always great to see you.

John & Dolly

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    It is wet.
    We have had a LOT of rain in the last two weeks. Our 1/3 acre pond appeared to be down a foot at the start. It has filled back up.

If you are camping, please remember to bring a ground cloth for under your sleeping bag. This is your mother speaking.

If you are interested in photographing or visiting the three local water falls (links in first post of thread) they should be as dramatic as they are going to get. It also means they will be as dangerous as they are going to get. Remember that the day after our last event someone slipped at Brandywine Falls and fell 60 feet to his death.

The mosquito population has soared. The Board of Health says this is not the breed that carries West Nile, but they are irritating. Dolly & I carry the OFF Towelettes and apply as needed.

Weather.com is predicting a 40% chance of scattered thunder showers Saturday and Sunday.

If you remember “Hill Street Blues,” “Be careful out there.”

Mom

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Just so I don’t have to explain this fourteen times,
    you will notice that I am limping badly, can not walk very far and the dogs are restless. Three weeks ago the Podiatrist said I have Plantar fasciitis a painful inflammatory process of the plantar fascia (bottom of the foot especially the heel). I am in the third of six weeks of therapy. The Girls have not had their usual ten mile a week walks and may run off at any point. I am trying to be good about it, keep a smile on, but it hurts and anything you can do to help out while you are here will be appreciated.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    you will notice that I am limping badly, can not walk very far.

John
    I'll be able to take the non-locals to some spots of interest for shooting, we can figure it out on the fly. That plantar fasciitis can take a while to settle down.

We had some very dramatic flooding a week ago. The river ford at the park was trashed by entire trees (with roots) floating down the river and getting held up at the ford. I chanced upon the scene the day after with my 8x10 camera, prints to follow...

Also, "Ohio's Largest One-Day Horse Show" will be at the Metropark on Sunday. If you know or like Garry Winogrand's "Stock Photographs" you may want to check it out with a rangefinder, flash and wide angle lens

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    you will notice that I am limping badly, can not walk very far and the dogs are restless. Three weeks ago the Podiatrist said I have Plantar fasciitis a painful inflammatory process of the plantar fascia (bottom of the foot especially the heel). I am in the third of six weeks of therapy. The Girls have not had their usual ten mile a week walks and may run off at any point. I am trying to be good about it, keep a smile on, but it hurts and anything you can do to help out while you are here will be appreciated.

John
    Hope you heal soon! We'll help out wherever we can.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks Both.

Dale, where is this ford? "The river ford at the park was trashed by entire trees (with roots) floating down the river and getting held up at the ford."

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Also, "Ohio's Largest One-Day Horse Show" will be at the Metropark on Sunday.
    From 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday, Chippewa Ford Field in Cleveland Metroparks Brecksville Reservation
    http://blog.cleveland.com/suncourier...lub_hosti.html

Have a feeling it will be a bit different from the Fort Worth Fat Stock Show and Rodeo, unless dressage, hunting, and jumping are judged by the riders remaining mounted for 8 seconds or longer, or the time it takes to run inside loops around three barrels, or people start jumping off their horses and tying up calves and wrestling steers to the ground. I used Winogrand's rodeo photos to demonstrate to my father that good timing was more important than a motor drive for getting some shots.

Heal quickly John.

Lee
    Last edited by Lee L; 08-03-2011 at 10:58 AM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin