Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,943   Posts: 1,557,661   Online: 1201

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I would love to go, never been, although the moons are not aligned! I wish you all the best, sounds very fun, I would have loved to photograph that circus! Love that small town reportage scene. Your grounds sound like a wonderful retreat! Thanks for the invite, maybe next time. Best - Andy

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Andy,

Thank you for your interest. We often have members from the Midwest Large Format Asylum visit our gatherings. http://www.dunnamphoto.com/midwestlf/index.htm Many of them are from Chicago and up into WI. If your Multi format classification takes you into Large Format, you might find accomplices closer to home (Chicago). At our last event in May we had three MLFA (WI, IL, IN) pile in one car and come to our event, saving gas and enjoying each other.

Just for a frame of reference O'Hare airport is 360 miles from our house. Drive time depends a lot on construction schedules.

You are welcome to join us in the future if not this event. We expect to have another gathering early in October.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichý

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hi John-
    I have a couple of new ones I have added to the collection. One is an "arrowroot" print that looks about as close to Pt/Pd as anything I've ever seen in silver. I had to slow down a bit. Spent the entire day today cleaning/organizing my work area and remodeling the darkroom. I think it's about as state of the art as it's going to get. Anyone interested in a Development by Inspection demo?? (John's darkspace permitting?? I'd be happy to share my method.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Peter,

I would love to see a development by inspection demo. My darkroom is yours to use as needed. Let me know if any preparation or supplies are required.

John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sounds interesting to me as well Peter.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Spangenberg View Post
    Anyone interested in a Development by Inspection demo??
    Count me in. I suspect that if a good size group shows up you may need to make a couple of runs. I really got a lot out of your earlier Pt/Pd demo.

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    If it is too hot to be outside another thing we can do is visit the Akron Art Museum’s
    Flora exhibit. Here is how the museum describes it.

“Since the Garden of Eden, humans have been seduced by plants. Around 25 works, all drawn from the collection of the Akron Art Museum, will survey the different approaches photographers have used to depict the plant world. Romance, sensualism or eroticism permeate floral still lifes by Imogen Cunningham, Mariana Yampolsky, Stephen Tomasko and André Kertesz. Daido Moriyama’s lush but flawed rose evokes the fleeting existence of physical beauty. Judith McMillan allows us to see the interior anatomy of plants in her x-ray photograms. Compositions featuring cut plants by Alma Lavenson and Baron Adolf de Meyer attempt to improve on nature’s aesthetic rigor. Jeannette Klute, a pioneer of dye transfer color photography, prefers portraying vegetation in its habitat, where it reveals the rhythms and interconnectedness of the natural world. Most of the works in the exhibition are making their Akron debut.” http://www.akronartmuseum.org/exhibi....php?unid=2114

Here is part of a review from the Akron Beacon Journal
    ‘Flora’ exhibit at Akron Art Museum. See the whole review at:
    http://the330.com/featured/%e2%80%98...-art-museum-2/
    “You’re looking at 110 years of photography, all on the same theme. Most of the exhibits we’ve done up until now were on individual artists. But I think this is the first one we’ve done in the new building where we are able to show off images from the collection based on a broad theme,” Tunstall said.
    “We were able to come up with a subject matter and show all stages of photography, from its early stages to just this past year, and we have got some major players — masters like Imogen Cunningham with an image from 1908 and Andre Kertesz, whose Flowers for Elizabeth (1976) is a love poem to his wife of 40 years — as well as little-known and unknown photographers.”

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichý

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    We have another benefactor. He has not been to one of our events, and is now a digital shooter, but he would like to donate a large light table. If someone is interested there are two ways we can handle access. If you are coming here on the OH Turnpike from west of here, he can meet you at Exit 4 just south of Sandusky. If you are coming from east or south, he has offered to deliver it here. I can hold it in the garage for up to a week before the event. Here is his description of the table.

I have his email, so whoever wants it can talk to him directly. Post that you want it and I will PM you the contact information.
    John

“HI John:

Here's the scoop: 33 x 43 inches, and 11 inches deep. No stand, so it should fit in
    just about anyone's trunk. I used it on a table. Lights work -- or they did the last time
    I used it -- but I don't think they are balance for color work. We only used for B&W
    at work.

Thanks for putting it out on APUG.

I live just about five miles from the Ohio 4 Ohio Turnpike exit. I can meet someone
    at the interchange if that is convenient. Or as I said, I'll be glad to run it over your
    way.

Thanks again,

Pete”

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Develop-by-inspection demo AND a donated light table?!? 0__0

I'm most definitely in for BOTH!

*heads back to the darkroom to make some prints*
    Co-Host of The Film Photography Podcast, the bi-monthly internet radio show all about film!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mat4226 View Post
    Develop-by-inspection demo AND a donated light table?!? 0__0

I'm most definitely in for BOTH!

*heads back to the darkroom to make some prints*
    Mat,

I will send you a PM with Pete's email address. You can set up with him how and when you will pick it up.

John

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin