Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,030   Online: 970

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Would anyone be interested in a 2 1/4 X 3 1/4 Durst A600 color enlarger? cheap but not free, sorry. I'm still thinking about coming down.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    Would anyone be interested in a 2 1/4 X 3 1/4 Durst A600 color enlarger?
    I had to look that one up. Is this it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I haven't seen it. I suppose I should go over to his house and get a picture of it. It does medium format only (and 35mm) and comes with a condensor head and dichroic head, and a voltage control and some lenses. He paid $600 but will probably take $200 or will negotiate. (best offer)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like my girlfriend Lynn and I will be coming sometime Saturday morning and staying through Sunday afternoon. The regulars know that means we'll be going somewhere super early to photograph Sunday morning. =)

I'll try and have as much new work mounted as I can before then. Can't wait to see everyone (and your work) again, it's been too long. I met up with John, Dale and Peter this winter but I don't remember when I saw the rest of you last... Hopefully there will be some new faces as well.

See you soon.

Shawn

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Shawn,

That is great news. We are looking forward to meeting Lynn. We will put you in charge of early Sunday morning activities. Look for us at breakfast.

John & Dolly
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Shawn,
    We will put you in charge of early Sunday morning activities.
    OK. So I'm trying to wrap my head around the concept of Shawn as a Sunday 6 a.m. herder of photographic cats... and to be honest, it's just not working for me. I appreciate efforts to stretch and play against type, but I think this one should go back to central casting for reconsideration.

Maybe that Marion Morrison guy from Iowa.

Looking forward to seeing you and meeting Lynn, Shawn. (Work on your 'outside voice' in case Marion can't make it.)

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    OK. So I'm trying to wrap my head around the concept of Shawn as a Sunday 6 a.m. herder of photographic cats... and to be honest, it's just not working for me. I appreciate efforts to stretch and play against type, but I think this one should go back to central casting for reconsideration.
    Lee
    I think we had a misunderstanding Lee. I saw it as Shawn and Lynn being the only ones up. Since he is showing her around, he is in charge.

Maybe I have been missing what was going on in the past when Dolly and I just stayed in bed and caught up with the group at coffee hour or more recently at breakfast in Richfield.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    I think we had a misunderstanding Lee.
    John
    Not really. I've just been out shooting with Shawn early on a number of Sunday mornings (access gates still locked at the Ledges and such), sometimes with a few other folks, and I've never noticed any propensity for him to herd anything other than his film holders.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    =) Ha! That's great guys! I think Lee L has it, he's usually out there with me. I always let people know where I'm going (and sometimes they come along!) but I'm definitely not a herder.... as if this group could be herded!

I will of course do the same this time around if anyone would like to join us. I've driven past Howe Meadow, I believe it's called, on the way to other places early in the morning numerous times. It's gorgeous at those hours and I was thinking of starting things off there on Sunday. The other area I was considering is the bottom of the U area at Ritchie Ledges, that closest to the Octagon parking lot. I've never been in that section of the ledges at dawn before and it seems to me like there might be some interesting side lighting. Lee L and I have wandered through after spending dawn in the section between Ice Box Cave and the Big Stone Stairs but it was well after daybreak by the time we made it over there.

Anyway, we'll figure it out Saturday. Again, can't wait to see everyone!

Lee L, I haven't read this whole thread so forgive me if you've already posted the answer to this.... You comin'!?

Shawn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    Lee L, I haven't read this whole thread so forgive me if you've already posted the answer to this.... You comin'!?

Shawn
    Things are chaotic and unpredictable here, and I expect them to remain that way for a good while, so it's a day at a time. I may not stay overnight, as there are things here at the ranch that might need my attention overnight, and that may mean a bit later start for me Sun morning.

Short answer: I do plan to be there for as much of the weekend as circumstances allow, and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.

Lee

(Is there a cat-herding merit badge?)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin