Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,926   Posts: 1,522,133   Online: 897

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    Lee

(Is there a cat-herding merit badge?)
    If there is a paying demand I will make and present them with all due pomp and circumstance. Dolly is looking for a second career for me.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichż

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    If there is a paying demand I will make and present them with all due pomp and circumstance. Dolly is looking for a second career for me.

John
    If there is a cat herding merit badge, you've won it many times over, and with great patience and grace. So you get the first one at no charge.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If there is a cat herding merit badge, you've won it many times over, and with great patience and grace. So you get the first one at no charge.

Lee
    I second that!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Lee
    Absolutely!!!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Most kind, and thank you, but patience and grace are not in my vocabulary.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Could I have a little feedback please? I am wondering if this would be of interest either Saturday or Sunday? The other day we could have Peter’s demo, print showing and shoot in the park.

About a mile from the Akron Art Museum (see exhibit info post #57), the Cuyahoga River and the OH & Erie Canal start to climb, fifteen ninety foot locks in a mile. It is Summit County after all. There are several RR overpasses making for some pretty dramatic locks, water falls, disintegrating construction sites. Peter and I have shot there and enjoyed. Would the group be interested in shooting there either morning, seeing the Flora exhibit in the air conditioned museum after 11 AM, and possibly having late lunch together. Some opinions please.

These pictures were among many taken there.
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=1&theater

“The Ohio & Erie Canal was a technological marvel. The inland waterway incorporated a series of sandstone locks that enabled boats to climb differences in elevation along the Continental Divide. The steepest section of the canal was between Akron and the Little Cuyahoga River. In a single mile, 15 locks, or "steps," were necessary. Canal boats, which were pulled by mules on the towpath, made it possible to ship goods from the Great Lakes (Lake Erie) to the Gulf of Mexico (via the Ohio and Mississippi rivers). Locally, the canal, which opened between Cleveland and Akron in 1827”
    http://www.summitmetroparks.org/park...pathTrail.aspx

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John,

The facebook photo links don't work unless you have a facebook account and are signed in. So in my case (and probably others who don't trust or like facebook) using facebook for photo links "prevents you from connecting and sharing with some of the people in your life".

I'm neutral on the Akron locks. I probably won't decide on what I feel like shooting until the last minute.

Who was it that brought up cat herding?

Lee
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot-7.png  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Looks like an interesting area to me.

Our selfish preference would be to have the demo and print showing Sat. night though since we will be leaving very early Sunday morning.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John, sounds like a well-planned morning and afternoon, I'm in! Definitely save the museum for the hot portions of the day, it's heavy enough carrying LF gear than adding an extra photographer to the load.
    Co-Host of The Film Photography Podcast, the bi-monthly internet radio show all about film!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Sorry about the Facebook limitation.

Letís step back to basics. Can we count noses? Who is coming and when? Who is camping?

The camping question has to do with a possible safety issue. There is a large tree balancing on another tree, about to fall over the entrance to the camping area. It is so precarious that without a logger's knowledge I am a little afraid to work on the widow maker. If not many are camping we may do an alternate and set up camp by the pond allowing time and storms to take down the tree. If a good number are camping we need to get out the hard hat, chains, Mother in law's full size tractor and saws.

Letís have a count of who is coming and who is camping please.

Thanks.

John

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin