Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,593   Posts: 1,546,096   Online: 898

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151620 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Birchwood also told me they have a couple of weddings that weekend, so demand is really up. Still, it looks like Photostock this year is going to be a pretty huge gathering. I'm getting really excited. (and trying to figure how much gear I can fit in the Alfa... looks like 8x10 is out... unless it rides in the passenger seat )

Cheers,
    Tom
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow!!!

So sorry I haven't been chiming in here! Been bouncing like a pinball lately and haven't checked in until now.

So glad to hear that Suzanne is coming! And Nicole again a maybe??? That is way cool. Also really happy to hear of everyone else coming. This could get real dangerous in a good way.

Also enjoying all the blasts from the past. While we're at it, here's one from the very first gathering back on 2006... The woods are thicker and my hair is still dark! Notice Joe's silver wet plate tent! That's where I got my first whiff of the ether and caught the wet plate bug. (Thanks, Joe!)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mich_group.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	46321

Although I've been burning it at both ends, it is time to get to work on Photostock and the website. I'll soon have a registration form up so that I can get everyone's email for newsletters and such. I have several announcements and I want to make sure everyone gets the word.

Before then, I wanted to mention a couple orders of business for discussion.

#1. Jim LeMay has been kind enough to arrange a visit for all that want to go to Fort Michilmackinac for some shooting of the living museum and people that play their part there. Entrance fee would be waived, but they have commercial restrictions and also request that any images made there be available for their use in return. I know this may be an issue for folks and I don't want it to become a big deal right now, I just want to put it out there to see what interest there is. If enough folks want to go, we'll set-up a time and organize a detail to get people up there.

#2. There has been some talk of having models available for those that are interested. Last year we had a great time shooting each other, but maybe we should have other options? Dan and Silke have been kind enough to begin looking into this. There will be more on this, but I wanted to get this out there as well. There will obviously be a cost involved with this and Dan is looking into model fees.

#3. I still want to keep the spirit of last year alive with the anything goes policy, but I will again have a few things scheduled including a couple presentations, demos, etc. As in year's past, anyone who has an interest in taking a slot to present their work or a demonstration, please come forward and let me know.

#4. Hearing that the hotel is filling up is good news, but I don't want people to feel that because the place is full that there is no room for them to participate. I'll look into the Best Western down the road as overflow. There is also the State Park down the road as well as a lot of rental property in the area. If people are interested, I will look into this and maybe people can go in on a place not too far away.

That's all for now on my end. I'll soon have the registration up and running and will announce it here. Please feel free to spread the word to friends that might not know. We had a lot of new blood last year and it was great to meet new people. If you know people that will fit into the ethos of Photostock, by all means, let them know.

Looking forward to seeing you all!!!!

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dang, I wish I could make it! (Insert various other words in place of dang) My grandmother-in-law is turning 100 the following weekend and there's a big party (understandedly). So my in-laws can't come here the weekend of Photostock and watch my toddler and 4 dogs (hubby is deployed ). My parents will be in Scotland. So I'll probably just be there in spirit.

I stayed at the Best Western in '09 and it was nice. Their breakfast was pretty good, too. The only thing I didn't like about it was that I wasn't right in all the action at the Birchwood. But some of that was my fault for not hanging out up there later.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bethe! Kids and dogs are always welcome!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by billschwab View Post
    Bethe! Kids and dogs are always welcome!
    Thanks! But I'd want to shoot. Both the kid and the dogs can be a bit unruly so I'd never get the chance to take the camera(s) our of the case. I'm not sure we'd all survive the drive up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    Thanks! But I'd want to shoot. Both the kid and the dogs can be a bit unruly so I'd never get the chance to take the camera(s) our of the case. I'm not sure we'd all survive the drive up.
    Hopefully you can make it up next year.

This has become something of an annual pilgrimage for me. I come home inspired. (and with a year's worth of film to process and print )
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    Would love to see you again, Bethe... we miss you in Mass., but I understand your reluctance and am disappointed you won't make it, but I'd help you out as best I could if you did decide to go to Michigan after all. Hope you are doing well and would love to see some pix of the baby!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You know you're at photostock when you see:

Hells yeah! by jmxph0t0, on Flickr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jmxphoto View Post

Those license plates are not ambiguous.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jmxphoto View Post

Nice jeeps.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin