Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,714   Posts: 1,483,036   Online: 773
      
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 284
  1. #101
    silke s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Detroit
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    25
    Images
    2
    I will be chiming in as well.

    Bill and I had discussed the possibility of having a model there to sit for us. I have a compiled a list of some possible models, I especially searched for experienced (some have experience with film / wet plate shooters) and also the option to shoot nudes. This makes it easier for every one involved. The idea would be to set up one or two locations, near the birch wood inn, a day and to shoot as a group with the model switching stations. Depending on the model we end up using there will be a small fee involved for gas / accommodation (except for one model she lives an hour away) / compensation. Costs will be determined once I figure out how many and which model / models will be booked.

    These are the models(all @ modelmayhem.com. just copy and paste the profile number in the search box) :

    Xaina Mayhem #252968 worked with multiple times. Very professional and very experienced. (currently still in a baby break, might not be ready in June)
    Summer Lace Mayhem #2408601 worked once. very new to modeling, very talented.
    Anna Niebrzydowski Mayhem #2200292 worked once. very new to modeling, very talented.
    Achieving Expression Mayhem #2395865 Never worked with. Lives very close.


    Please let me know if interested and also which model you would prefer. The sooner the better to make sure they aren't booked yet.


    Dan
    Last edited by silke s; 03-04-2012 at 03:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.

  2. #102
    Thomas Bertilsson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Minnesota
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    13,985
    Images
    279
    Nice work on the research, Silke and Dan. Thanks for doing that!

    I'm not sure I can make it this year, but it sure would be tempting to show up for some variety in workflow compared to normal Photostock events.

    We shall see.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

    "Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

    "...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

  3. #103
    jmxphoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    179
    Blog Entries
    4
    Images
    65
    I think Summer Lace and Xaina would be my top two choices. Honestly what I've been wanting to do for a couple years is shoot in one of the kitschy rooms. The locale is very much in line with the MotelFetish kind of look (http://motelfetish.com/front_desk.htm). I was hoping to get a model for a about 2 hrs to shot some motel-y pinups. To be honest I had more of a 1 on 1 thing in mind if at all possible and I'd be fine with it costing more.

    edit:
    I would have no problems setting up studio lights with a background or using an existing setting for a group to use. I do however have ideas that should they be implemented, I'd prefer not to have people shooting over my shoulder.
    Last edited by jmxphoto; 03-07-2012 at 09:11 AM. Click to view previous post history.

  4. #104
    Panoman617's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    49
    I was just on the Bay by Leggs yesterday. Still some ice in the bay out by the park but it was a great day to be out shooting.
    Kodachrome was invented in the early 1930s by two professional musicians, Leopold Godowsky, Jr. and Leopold Mannes; hence the comment that "Kodachrome was made by God and Man".

  5. #105
    Andrew Moxom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Keeping the British end up in Minnesota
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,853
    Images
    327
    I am interested in shooting with the models etc.... I am willing to pay for their time etc. i do have a question....i am curious if any of the models would like to shoot at the derelict house by levering road... I think it could make,for some interesting shots.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

  6. #106
    wildbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Grand Rapids
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,317
    Images
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by Panoman617 View Post
    I was just on the Bay by Leggs yesterday. Still some ice in the bay out by the park but it was a great day to be out shooting.
    I was there last week after the big snowfall. I threw out my back on day two (heavy snowmobile) so didn't get to shoot, at all. Can't wait til summer.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

    I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

  7. #107
    silke s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Detroit
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    25
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    I am interested in shooting with the models etc.... I am willing to pay for their time etc. i do have a question....i am curious if any of the models would like to shoot at the derelict house by levering road... I think it could make,for some interesting shots.

    Andrew,

    locations are open. I know that Xaina is fearless when it comes to (nude) modeling in tricky locations. For this shoot at the the train station in Detroit we had ~20 people watching below "20?...that's not many....lets do it"
    http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio...02835#13102835

    I wanted to do 2 locations a day possibly two days, photographers choice of locations, it should be a location where all photographers involved can set up and shoot simultaneously.

    Dan

  8. #108
    Andrew Moxom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Keeping the British end up in Minnesota
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,853
    Images
    327
    Perfect!!! The house on Levering Rd..... Well it hope its still there.... Its been a productive site for many photostockers in the past. Eva and Jeff know it too. Its like it was left in the 70's with old tv, and a crib upstairs...pretty eerie.

    Quote Originally Posted by silke s View Post
    Andrew,

    locations are open. I know that Xaina is fearless when it comes to (nude) modeling in tricky locations. For this shoot at the the train station in Detroit we had ~20 people watching below "20?...that's not many....lets do it"
    http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio...02835#13102835

    I wanted to do 2 locations a day possibly two days, photographers choice of locations, it should be a location where all photographers involved can set up and shoot simultaneously.

    Dan
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

  9. #109
    silke s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Detroit
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    25
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    Perfect!!! The house on Levering Rd..... Well it hope its still there.... Its been a productive site for many photostockers in the past. Eva and Jeff know it too. Its like it was left in the 70's with old tv, and a crib upstairs...pretty eerie.
    This one??

    Silke
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/silkese...57615234941277

  10. #110
    Andrew Moxom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Keeping the British end up in Minnesota
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,853
    Images
    327
    Yup!!!! Thats the one!!

    Quote Originally Posted by silke s View Post
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin