Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,955   Posts: 1,522,804   Online: 950

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I actually just by chance saw this thread.. I have turned off everything but darkroom threads for my sanity.

Laura Barney Lucy and myself *the Carnies* would love to come if we can.. Photostock in Michigan is a fantastic event and I really enjoyed my two trips to Bill's Oasis.
    We will do everything we can to attend. The Birchwood is a nice place to stay and hang out for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by billschwab View Post
    Hear that, Bob???

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As in year's past, anyone who has an interest in taking a slot to present their work or a demonstration, please come forward and let me know.

Bill, if there is interest in a lith demo or talk, I'd be happy to do it. There are other folks out there (Marianne.....?) who could do it also.

Mark

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Mark -I'd be thrilled to see a lith demo, never tried it myself and would love to see how it's done!

Bob - Never met, cant wait, but if I could ask that you bring a print that had that neat WT bleach process you describe in that series from Mexico (I think)?
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is shaping up to be a great event. I can hardly wait to meet with everyone once again. I'd love to see a lith demo/workshop.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Recently I purchased a silver reclaimer so if anyone has some well used silver process fix they don't want to take to a haz mat drop off bring it to Photostock2012 and I'll take it off your hands. If you plan on bringing some, msg me and let me know how much so I know if I need to bring containers or leave extra space in the Jeep.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Official Registration Now Open!!

Hello Everyone!

Please forgive my absence. It's been a busy time, but Photostock has been very much on my mind. I wanted to get registrations open and the site ready before I leave next week and I'll be getting with those of you that have offered demos and presentations very soon. As Tom said, this is really going to be a good year and I am very much looking forward to seeing everyone's work and new toys as well as sharing in the precious Oberon.

First... I know a lot of people that are already coming, but I finally have the official registration open and ready! It would be great if everyone coming would please be sure to register. It will get you on this year's list so that you will get the newsletter and updates as well as help me keep track of who and how many are coming.

Here's a direct link to registration.

Or.... http://www.photostock2012.com/

The site is pretty well fleshed out as well, but there will be more added as the event nears and I get a schedule down. And please note that I use the word "Schedule" loosely. Like last year, we will have some presentations, demos and such, but also like last year, I want to keep everything as loose and simple as possible. More to come on all of that.

There is no registration fee for the event. I wouldn't feel comfortable asking anything from all of you because it is all of you that make it what it is. However, I have added an option after you register that offers a polymer photogravure from a plate I made at Wilderness State Park a few years ago. I've been headlong into photogravure since being taught (addicted) by Clay Harmon. I'm please enough with my results by now and I figured anyone interested could be one of the first to get one of them. In any event, any proceeds from this registration option will help with any financial logistics (beer) that arise. Please realize that this is NOT required. Seriously... I just want everyone to come!

So that's it for now. Get yourself registered and get planning for your time with us in the great north woods. I'll be heading back to Iceland and the Faroe Islands in about 10 days and might not be making any more posts until my return on the 2nd of May. Rest assured that I am on it and the plans are in the works for another fun year.

Best, Bill

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cedars.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	49108
    Last edited by billschwab; 04-07-2012 at 01:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Look at all the fun you all are going to have! It all sounds wonderful, and I wish I could join you all again. But I'm so happy for all of you who will be able to make it. The two times I've been there it's been magical. If you can go -do it!
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm registered and i also ordered one of Bill's photogravures that he made from what i believe is one of his best ever wet collodion images.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, Andrew! You're very kind to say that as it is one of my all time favorite plates. The gravure really suits the wet plate well.

Thomas... if anything changes it is always great to have you around.

Thanks everyone! Twenty official sign-ups so far. Spread the word to anyone that might not hang here anymore. I'll get the word out as best I can and will send a letter to last year's registrants as well.

Thanks again for signing up!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin