Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,560   Posts: 1,545,260   Online: 817

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 913141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Your father sounds exactly like mine. He hated most anything outdoors. But to his credit, he was a game guy and took us camping with scouts and never complained. I, on the other hand love all the outdoors stuff my father hated. I just made my reservation at Petoskey S.P.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    It wasn’t about hate. My father just wasn’t interested. As I have aged many of my interests have changed. Sailing 9 foot waves and 30 knot winds on Lake Erie went from fun and exciting at age 30 to, "Wow that hurts," at age 57. Now I am an old guy with a power boat and a baby jogger for his 7x17. But, it beats the alternative.

Enjoy your camping. I certainly did.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Last Call for "Detroit Disassembled" Special Offer!

Hello All,

This is the last call for the special offer of Andrew Moore's book to have signed at the event. I'll be placing the order for the lot tomorrow, so you still have time. You can order at the following link, but only if you are coming to the event to pick it up in person. No shipping available for this.

I'm sure Andrew will thank you for the great response!

http://www.photostock2012.com/andrew_moore.html

Bill

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Ok folks the 15 day forecast now includes the 21st and 22nd....it's saying high mid 70's. If it will rain or shine, well that isn't really much repeating bc I am sure the odds of it being right are unlikely, but the temp is prob more stable. Mid 70's sounds perfect to me!
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    Ok folks the 15 day forecast now includes the 21st and 22nd....it's saying high mid 70's. If it will rain or shine, well that isn't really much repeating bc I am sure the odds of it being right are unlikely, but the temp is prob more stable. Mid 70's sounds perfect to me!
    ...with some early morning mists would be nice as well... (Wishful thinking... the good company and beverages of Phototstock tend to keep me up far too late to catch anything that would be regarded as early morning. )
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Folks, we have definitely made The Big Time. I was just on the Birchwood website and noticed Photostock listed on their calendar of events. Although it could be as a warning to the other people who might want to stay there and actually sleep at night!

Does anyone recall if the Birchwood has washers & dryers? I'm packing pretty light due to my mode of transportation and may need to freshen up the unmentionables...

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Henderson View Post
    Folks, we have definitely made The Big Time. I was just on the Birchwood website and noticed Photostock listed on their calendar of events. Although it could be as a warning to the other people who might want to stay there and actually sleep at night!

Does anyone recall if the Birchwood has washers & dryers? I'm packing pretty light due to my mode of transportation and may need to freshen up the unmentionables...
    They have a lake just across the road...

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If they don't have anything at the Birchwood, Google shows laundromats in nearby Bayview and Alanson.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The Schedule

Hello!

A newsletter was just sent, but I'll post this here as well...

I have worked out a rough schedule for us, but anyone who has been in the past knows this could change. If I've learned anything from 6 years of Photostock is that it can be like herding cats at times, so I hope everyone coming will just roll with it in true Photostock spirit and have a great time.

Photostock 2012 Schedule

This year you'll notice that there are no organized shooting excursions planned other than a a potential shoot at the Fort in Mackinaw City, but details are still developing on this. By this time, most people seem to know where their favorite spots are and others that haven't been seem to always fall in with the right "veterans" who show them around. Rest assure there will be a lot of photography going on and there are plenty of places to go.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at the Birchwood!

Bill
    Last edited by billschwab; 06-14-2012 at 03:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A week from now I'll be at the Birchwood. Confirmed my reservation today and I'm starting to get excited! Sandy (my wife) is thinking about coming with me; she thinks that she might enjoy a weekend in the great northern woods. This could be the best Photostock ever!

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin