Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,528   Online: 840

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1216171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm sorry you won't be able to come Marianne, I was so looking forward to meeting you, but you and your family are in my thoughts, hope all is going well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayfair710 View Post
    just to let everyone know...i am cancelling my reservation at the birchwood in today (4pm) if anyone is looking for a room...i have a room reserved for friday and saturday night with one queen bed.
    am going to call now...
    ~~marianne
    Marianne, we are hoping for the very best for you. I will miss you there. Any places you'd like me to shoot for you?
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Camera gear packed!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AvtxJ24CEAEySqw.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	52663
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    ^Chemistry? Do you do wet plate?
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Andy.... Yes.... I do... I shot a plate of you last year if you remember....
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Yep I remember you Andy, look forward to chatting again, do you have the wet plate packed or you doing film, or I bet both - might as well have your cake and eat it too! I loved watching the plate folks photograph and running about to the chems!
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll be shooting film and wet plate again.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    ^Chemistry? Do you do wet plate?
    No, no wet plate yet. But yes, chemistry but just for regular b/w film development....Ilfosol 3 and HC-110 is coming along.
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Speaking of chemistry...

I have to ask that those that bring any with them (Wet Platers especially) not use them in their rooms. Last year we had a few people working with silver nitrate in their rooms and there were 2 rooms with stains left that could not be removed. The people at the Birchwood have been really great with us and I don't want to jeopardize that relationship. Last year they let it slide, but this year people will be held responsible for any cleaning or damage done as a result of working with chems in the rooms.

If you need to mix anything, feel free to ask for use of my darkroom trailer. You can stain that up as much as you want!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Marianne Priest's "The Longing" Debuts at Photostock

Some of you might be aware of my publishing imprint, North Light Press, and the series of books I am doing called the "11+1 Signature Series" I wanted to mention that book #6 in the series is our own Marianne Priest's "The Longing". Like all of the 11+1 series, it contains a beautiful little lith print made by Marianne's own hand.

I've been trying to time everything so that the book would be released for Photostock, but delays were making that seem like an impossible task. However, I am happy to report that I received an advanced copy yesterday and the printer has specially shipped some copies to the Birchwood as well so that we at Photostock will be the first to see the book.

Unfortunately, as Marianne has mentioned in this thread, she will not be staying with us this year for personal reasons, but she did mention to me that she may drive up to spend part of Friday with us. If so, she will be able to sign and number the copies we receive and they will be available for anyone interested to take home. If she is unable to make it, you will be able to have a copy held for you and shipped when she is able to sign the complete edition of 100 books.

Here's to Marianne and a beautiful book!!! Congratulations! I'm honored to have it as part of the collection and can't thank her enough for being a part of the project.

Our thoughts are with you and your family, Marianne!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	priest_book.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	52678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin