Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,936   Posts: 1,585,629   Online: 747

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14181920212223242526272829 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Big thanks to Bill for another wonderful event. Looking forward to next year and maybe a North Shore event if I can break away for that. Here's the group shot from Saturday:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9881.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	619.1 KB 
ID:	52906
    Last edited by jmxphoto; 06-24-2012 at 07:27 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    My Fatboy, "Holga Davidson," and I made it south of Columbus, Ohio on the way home to Roanoke. During the ride I spent a lot of time thinking about what made this, in the opinion of a charter member of Photostock and attendee at every one, the best Photostock ever. In no particular order:

1. The number of new attendees who brought their enthusiasm.
    2. The "keynote" programs. It was great to listen to Suzanne Revy talk about her photographs of her children.
    3. The presentations of our own Mark Fisher and James Mullineaux; with James' program made even better with Xana's (sp?) comments from the model's point of view.
    4. The fascinating discussion that followed Andrew Moore's excellent presentation.
    5. The Oberon.
    6. The behavior of a certain young woman who shall remain nameless following excessive consumption of red wine.
    7. And most importantly, the selfless time, energy, and work that Bill Schwab expends.

I am certain that others of you can add to this list.

I feel blessed to have been a part of this event, and to have the friendship of so many great people and inspiring photographers. Thank you all.
    Dan

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dan... I'm pleased you enjoyed my work, it was a real pleasure to share it with everyone there. I had a fantastic weekend, and I just want to thank Bill for all his hard work, I'm feeling inspired, and I can't wait to get the film I shot there into the soup!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just made it home. I had an amazing time. It was very fun and it was the most informative and inspiring event I have ever been to. Sorry, I could not be around for the some of the demonstrations and presentations as well as the late night fun. But, now that I know what to expect, I can plan much better for next year. Staying in Pellston is hell! I can't wait for Photostock 2013. Thank you Bill and everyone else for such an enjoyable weekend.

Kris
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I had a great time - many thanks to Bill for another wonderful edition of Photostock. The presentations were all very inspirational, and gave me a lot of ideas. It was great to spend time with old and new friends, and see all of the outstanding work. The only bad part of it is that now I'm going to spend some energy resisting their desire to start doing wet plate!

Mark

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Irony: riding 800 miles from Michigan to Virginia. Turning the TV on to The Weather Channel to see the forecast. First thing that airs is a "Pure Michigan" commercial!

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had a great time seeing all of you. Great time talking to the people I met last year and the new ones this year. Can't weight till Photostock 2013. Bill I have a few photos from the event would you like them for the Flicker page.

Thanks MUCH

Jim
    Kodachrome was invented in the early 1930s by two professional musicians, Leopold Godowsky, Jr. and Leopold Mannes; hence the comment that "Kodachrome was made by God and Man".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another wonderful group of talented enthusiastic people at Photostock this year- I had a great time. Thanks to Bill for setting the tone for this whole event: inspire, be inspired, and most of all, have fun.

All the best,
    Daniel

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    So, Bill. What are the dates for next year? I'll reserve a room today, Evan Clarke

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks Bill. The event certainly has expanded since my last ventures 2007-8. Great people, Great presentations, Great work, Great camaraderie, Great food. I really enjoyed the event and the people. Thanks also to you and Suzanne for the print reviews.

John Powers
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichý

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin