Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,966   Posts: 1,523,355   Online: 1141

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 151920212223242526272829 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Two rolls developed, one scanned. A handful more to process.
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thanks Bill, presenters and all attendees for creating such a great time!
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What an amazing time! Thank you very much Bill and thank you to all of the presenters! Burned a bunch of film, met many wonderful photographers, caught up with old friends, saw some truly incredible work, and had a butt ton of fun. Couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I was a first timer and had a blast. Meet a lot of great people. Hope to go again. Thank You Bill for the great job.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Henderson View Post
    6. The behavior of a certain young woman who shall remain nameless following excessive consumption of red wine.
    I wonder who that could be .....
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Awesome event as usual - I came home inspired and ready for more photography.

Too bad we have to wait a whole year to get together again!
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    I wonder who that could be .....
    Likely the same person who had a good hangover working on Sunday???

By the way, my friend Holly DeGarmo who came up Thursday night/Friday morning made an interesting blog posting that expresses her first-timer experience:

http://hollydegarmo.blogspot.com/

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I posted elsewhere that "this year we reached that critical mass of Energy, Experience, Enthusiasm... and obEron. There was definitely a spark that really pushed this year's event over the top in terms of most modest expectations." The energy of Photostock seems to be continuing well past the drive home and the inevitable laundry that follows.

I learned so much in the presentations and discussions. I also learned (the hard way, of course) why IR photography does not favour featureless skies.

Cheers,
    Tom
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi All

I wanted to write a few lines to thank each and every one of you for making my first visit to Photostock (and the U.S) one of the most memorable experiences ever. As you can imagine, I was a little nervous about the trip, but these nerves were soon left behind the moment I landed at Pellston (what a great airport), where I was met by Bill, who went out of his way to make me feel at home, and wouldn't leave the Birchwood until he knew I was settled and in good company.

The whole Photostock circus is just such a magical occasion, and unlike anything happening here in the U.K. I thoroughly enjoyed the presentations, hearing Bill talk about his journey from his early days, right up until the Polymer Photogravures that he is working on today. The beautiful photography of Suzanne, both black and white, and the wonderful colour(I have spelt that right) Holga work. Mark's beautiful Lith work, The fantastic photography of Andrew Moore, and the very interesting un-missable discussion that followed, and of course, not forgetting James's presentation on working with, and lighting models. Great, great stuff indeed.

Of course it can not go unsaid that the portfolio's shared over the weekend were absolutely of the highest standard, and all so, so different. Such wonderful work, and it was a privilege to sit shoulder to shoulder with such fine photographers, seeing and learning so much from you all. I am so, so glad that I finally pushed myself to visit you all at Photostock, and I will look forward to catching up with you all in future gatherings, and reuniting with friends.

Oh, and last but not least, thank you to both Mark (Markos) and Andrew (Moxham) for looking after me and making sure I was fed, watered, and full of Oberon

Thank you all again, and I look forward to seeing you soon.

Stoo
    Last edited by Stoo Batchelor; 06-26-2012 at 04:35 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    I posted elsewhere that "this year we reached that critical mass of Energy, Experience, Enthusiasm... and obEron. There was definitely a spark that really pushed this year's event over the top in terms of most modest expectations." The energy of Photostock seems to be continuing well past the drive home and the inevitable laundry that follows.
    Exactly! I'm reliving Photostock as I pull the rolls out of the tank after developing. It may be the chemicals but I'm getting addicted to this b/w development process I got my Tunnel of Trees shots processed tonight.
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin