Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,966   Posts: 1,558,421   Online: 932

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1620212223242526272829 LastLast

Shooter
    Instant Films
    I just wanted to post a big Thank You here.

Being a guy that shoots very little but has a love of photography I was overwhelmed by the acceptance and encouragement I received from all the people there this week-end. Being I'm sure the least experienced photographer there, it didn't matter whether I was talking with professional, fine art or experienced amateur I felt comfortable and not out of place; all gave freely of themselves and I am grateful.

Where else could a rank amateur as myself get to have quality conversations with and view the work of people that, do photography for a living, make books, publish books, that make photographs and awe inspiring portfolios for no other reason than to express the art within them and not be made to feel inferior.

To see the work of all that attended was very inspiring. One of the things I came specifically to see the wet plate photography and have to thank Bill, Andrew and Greg for sharing freely and showing me a sampling of the process. If it wasn't for that damn Oberon I would have been able to observe more. lol

I can't thank Bill enough for the tradition and hard work of putting this wonderful get-together on and encouraging me to attend.

I feel I have made many new friends and very much look forward to 2013

Dennis L. Wood

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm finally coming up for air and almost recovered from this year's Photostock. Each year it seems to take a little longer, but that is only because I seem to have a better time at each one! This was certainly no exception. From the time I picked up Stoo at the airport on Wednesday night and returned to the hotel to find John Powers, Andrew Moxom and Mark Severson already into the precious Oberon, I knew it was going to be a great time. From that point on through dropping Suzanne off at the airport on Sunday afternoon, it was a complete blur.

I have to send out a huge thank you to everyone who came, both veterans and new recruits. I've heard a lot of reports from new people on how veterans were extremely helpful in guiding them to good spots, etc. And to those whose first time it was, I thank you for getting into the spirit of the event so quickly. It was definitely a year to remember. The caliber of people that come to this thing is what makes it special and everyone plays a very important role. The fact that everyone is made to feel so relaxed and comfortable is a credit to you all. You were all there... you know what I'm talking about.

And before I go, a double huge thank you to those that gave presentations and demos. Mark Fisher, Andrew Moore, James Mullineaux and Suzanne Revy all did fantastic, professional presentations that in my opinion put this event on a par with some of the best out there. World class.

I've already set the dates for next year and I'm already getting reports that rooms are being booked. Figure it will be June 20 - 23, 2013 for the main event with at least one workshop running the several days prior. I've been promised by non other than Clay Harmon that he will be on hand for a polymer gravure workshop and I am already at work on a couple other surprises. And, as always, the invitation is open to anyone wishing a more formal presentation. It's a great way to practice and get used to putting your work out there in front of people while knowing you are safe among friends. Just say the word.

Thanks again!

Bill

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I had a request to post my lith presentation and I put it on my web site here. Most of the talk was spent explaining the images and how they were made/toned/blah/blah/blah so looking at the PDF will only tell you so much. Hopefully, I'll get around to putting together something more detailed.
    Your first 10,000 pictures are the worst - HCB

www.markjamesfisher.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark, don't be so modest—your presentation was terrific. I'm pretty sure you got a lot of people excited about trying lith who maybe hadn't before. I really enjoyed meeting you and getting a chance to talk to you and see your work. And drink Oberon while doing so.

Doug Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Got some more rolls developed, scanned and posted.

From the M-119 between Cross Village and Good Hart

Fort Michilimackinac
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    As a newb I found everyone extremely helpful and friendly. Could not have asked for a better time or group of people. The depth of knowledge was very impressive as was the willingness of everyone to share.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Back from Boston and started with scanning in some more! Some people shots.

Tri-X and HC-110 (Dil. B)
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thank you,

John Powers
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very nice, Alex!

Doug Lynch

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I like the dramatic lighting on Jim Russell. Makes him look positively Hemingway-esqe.

I wondered who that old hippie was playing the banjitar....then realized who it was!

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin