Looking at the weather forecast for the weekend,
I think Saturday we had better go for plan B.
Breakfast 9:00 AM at Richfield Family Restaurant.
Drive to the Canton Museum of Art for the Civil War Exhibit
Doug Clow suggests that we then go 2 minutes away to the Joseph Saxton photographic gallery.
We can come back here and set up Lee & Lee’s portrait studio
Dinner, possibly pizzas in house
Weather forecast as of Friday morning.
Friday: Showers this morning, becoming a steady rain during the afternoon hours. High 53F. Winds WSW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 70%.
Flood Watch from Fri, 12:00 pm until Sat, 10:00 am EDT
Friday Night: Periods of rain. Low near 45F. Winds NW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 70%. Rainfall around a half an inch.
Saturday: A steady rain in the morning. Showers continuing in the afternoon. Cold. High 48F. Winds N at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 70%. Rainfall near a quarter of an inch.
Sunday: 30% chance of rain, cloudy.
If you do chose to go off photographing. please be very cautious around rivers and streams. With a flood warning and an expected ¾” of rain over the next twenty four hours, rivers and streams could be deadly.
This looks like a great opportunity to see excellent Mathew Brady Civil War photos, Winslow Homer sketches, and current work at a gallery in Canton. We can come back, do some portrait photography and see our own latest work. Sunday there is still a chance for the Farm Equipment Museum. We are looking forward to seeing you all and sharing our mutual interest.
John & Dolly
Last edited by jp80874; 09-30-2011 at 08:35 AM. Click to view previous post history.
Sounds good John. I mean the alternate plans - not the rain. I wonder if you should start up a second collection for that 50 acre umbrella you've been talking about? You know, the one that lets only nice diffuse light, and no water, through. :-)
I just got home from work to pack the clothes and Sue and I were going to start driving up to John & Dolly's house when everything changed here at the home front. Unfortunately we will not make it this weekend. Try as we may all things changed. The good news is no one is in the hospital and all that kind of thing, but we can not make it and take care of all the issues at hand. We wish everyone a really wonderful time and we will be there in spirit.
We'll all miss you! Hope everything works out OK, whatever the issue might be.
Originally Posted by daleeman
May need water wings as well. The brelly just keeps the rain from falling on the fifty acres. It doesn't float the flotsom underneath as the runoff flows through.
Originally Posted by htimsdj
Sponsored Ad. (Subscribers to APUG have the option to remove this ad.)
Lee & Sue,
Sorry you won't be with us.
I hope what ever it is turns out to be a false alarm as Dolly & My crisis did last event.
John & Dolly
Sorry, I am going to have to beg out too. My sister has delayed her arrival, so I am on duty with Aged Relative over the weekend.
We are now the proud parents of a 40 gallon water heater. Its a boy (we think) We call him GE and as most proud parents will do; we are "bathing in his warm love" . Momma and Baby are fine and resting. Certainly glad he was actually adopted, it would have been a difficult birth.
John, the cable release is for the Linhof "Quick Socket" lensboards for the technical cameras.
OK, now I see it. I actually have a recessed one of these lens boards that I used in a test using a field camera as an enlarger (think Graflarger) with smaller formats. I'll bring it tomorrow so we can see how it works.
Originally Posted by ic-racer