Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,834   Online: 1162

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314151617 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thank you all for coming. Thank you for being such good sports about the rain. Thank you few who were left on Sunday for enjoying the farm equipment museum. I think it holds great possibilities for future events.

These events are really working out as I hoped they might. If we can have that much fun in such bad weather (3/4 of and inch of rain in one day), I think we are on the way to making this event work. It takes practice, practice, practice, so I guess we will continue to have them.

Thanks for making it happen.

John, Dolly & the Girls
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichý

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Mat, by all means, please plan a demo for the next event. Not sure when the next event will be. What is the two days of medications about? I wasn’t aware that you were sick, but then I was pretty busy providing cold meds for Dolly.

Jeff and any other locals, please let me know when you are going to shoot at Fry's. If I am available, I'd love to join you, see how you see images, listen to your ideas about exposures, enjoy the cider while it lasts.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichý

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Mat, by all means, please plan a demo for the next event. Not sure when the next event will be. What is the two days of medications about? I wasn’t aware that you were sick, but then I was pretty busy providing cold meds for Dolly.
    I didn't know either until Sunday night/Monday morning. Doctor says its a nasty bacterial infection. A few more days of rest and a short break away from the 8x10 should do the trick.

As far as the demo is concerned, it will probably be limited to negatives that I'm used to printing on carbon. Everybody bringing their own negatives to print would be a logistical nightmare. x__x
    Co-Host of The Film Photography Podcast, the bi-monthly internet radio show all about film!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Hope you feel better soon.

Mat,

Definitely use your own negatives. You would have no control over a random supply of negatives. I would hazard the guess, that most of us don’t know what is a good negative for carbon printing. That might be a good place to start your explanation.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mat4226 View Post
    As far as the demo is concerned, it will probably be limited to negatives that I'm used to printing on carbon. Everybody bringing their own negatives to print would be a logistical nightmare. x__x
    Maybe you could demonstrate like they do on the cooking shows. Like they show how to mix up some gelatin and say to 'let it sit over night' and then they pull some out from under the counter that was made the day before and continue, etc.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    “….but wait, for $19.95 we will send you two whiz bang whasits, not one. Just pay separate shipping and handling for each order.”

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Call now!"

Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    “….but wait, for $19.95 we will send you two whiz bang whasits, not one. Just pay separate shipping and handling for each order.”

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Peter and I played hooky this afternoon, went shooting at the farm, had cider and pies. Life can be good.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Developed today's film and I'm convinced it's impossible to take a bad picture at "the farm".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Spangenberg View Post
    Developed today's film and I'm convinced it's impossible to take a bad picture at "the farm".
    My thoughts exactly! Just processed my 8x10's from the trip, and man oh man, that place is a gold mine!
    Co-Host of The Film Photography Podcast, the bi-monthly internet radio show all about film!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin