Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,154   Online: 822

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314151617 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    “….but wait, for $19.95 we will send you two whiz bang whasits, not one. Just pay separate shipping and handling for each order.”
    hey! that's my line! everytime I take an order it's only $9.95 for shipping and the bonus is free! just pay $9.95 processing!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Here's a link to some of the early prints from "the farm" in a Facebook album. Can't wait to go back.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...6402186&type=1

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Looks like a great place - sorry we missed it. Hopefully we will all be invited back soon.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    Looks like a great place - sorry we missed it. Hopefully we will all be invited back soon.
    I was thinking we would wait until the spring and warmer weather to have another event. The only exception I can remember is 2-3 years ago when we had 13 of us gather for a Jan-Feb show at the Cleveland Museum of Art, and a Chinese lunch.

Is there interest in cold weather gatherings? Historically we haven’t had much or any snow until after the first of the year.

What are your thoughts? Would anyone want to camp?

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichý

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John -
    I am always interested in a gathering, whether its a formal event, or just a few of us. I do understand the practical and logistic problems of a cold weather meeting.

I am always thinking of new photography subjects, so perhaps there are different things to do in the winter. When the lake freezes, there are always interesting ice features to photograph along Lake Erie. Perhaps a trip back to the Flats would be fun - its pretty desolate in the warm weather - the cold would make it seem more uninviting. There is always University Circle with many different types of buildings for the architecture lovers. And although I haven't ventured much in to the CVNP in the frozen months, I'm sure there are many opportunities there.

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    We'd be up for a winter gathering, and would probably bring the teardrop trailer too. We could park it in the driveway though - we wouldn't need anywhere special to sleep.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm still recovering from the bronchitus I got sleeping in the rain, and I can't spend any more money (we seem to eat a lot so I may have to pass on this one, unless I came down for one day. We'll see how the response is.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As always I would like to come but won't be able to commit until last minute (assuming I haven't been voted out of the group in my absence!).

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm local, so I can make it pretty much anytime.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Is there interest in cold weather gatherings? Historically we haven’t had much or any snow until after the first of the year.

John
    Hocking hills is great in the ice and cold!

We also hope to go to Detroit to see the Rembrandt paintings in Jan, weekend of the 15th I believe. Love to come to Bath, Ohio any time.

Stand by for Ricketts Glen photos, it was wonderful. We had some east coast Apugs hook up and we saw the greatest waterfalls in Pa. I've never seen anything like it. Good food, crazy photographers and so much rain the day before, the falls were Busting with water. Wish you all could been there.

Lee

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin