Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,552   Online: 1123

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 591011121314151617 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    On Friday night, at dinner, I brought my new Minolta 16 II, and Dale and I were talking about our new common camera. One of the rolls that came with my camera had exposed film in it. I took it to my guys at LabWork in Cleveland, and they were able to develop it and get some very grainy and quite fogged film images for me. You won't believe what it was: Vietnam. That little film cassette traveled to Vietnam and back and waited 40 years to be developed. I'll bring a few prints to the next gathering.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That is really amazing. I have never had success like that. I got a camera in the 1970s from my parent's friend. He claimed came from Nagasaki. When I processed the film there were no images.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Wow. Just the place I didn't want to go when I got drafted in 1966. It will be fun to see the prints/negatives.

Do you have any interest in gradually doing some of your own darkroom stuff as your new life evolves? I would think between us all we could easily outfit a beginning darkroom for gift, loan or next to nothing price, to see if you enjoyed working your way into that very interesting part of the hobby. The print is the symphony performed to paraphrase Ansel.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dale -

This is the second roll of "found film" that I came across that had images on it. Last year I found a roll of 135 Delta 3200 in a box of expired film I purchased. The leader was pulled in, so I thought there must be something on it. From what I can gather it was taken at a gentlemen's club.

John -

I would like to do my own darkroom work at some point. I have been gathering the necessary supplies for some time now, its just that my current apartment is not really a good place to try to set up a darkroom. So far I have accumulated a 4x5 enlarger (Omega 5500) and a number of hand processing canisters and reels. I have actually processed a number of rolls of 135 myself, but it was just test rolls - nothing that I thought might be good. In the next year or so, I hope to buy another house, and I'll definitely set up a dark room. Between now and then, I would hope to take a course that involves darkroom work, but BW and Tri-C seem to be cutting back the offerings quite a bit. I will consider Akron, but after an evening class, that would be a long drive home to Westlake.

Also, I have some proofs of the windmill-against-the-wall shot from your neighbor's farm. I like it a lot. If we don't have any plans to meet up before long, I'll probably make a postcard out of it and send it your way.

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Very cool! I'd love to see some of the images.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Sounds Great. Let us know how we can help. I really think that applies to all of us. As our wishes make themselves apparent to each of us, I think we should share the ideas. I often find the next person has an idea I may not yet have tried. It may not be the answer, but it may lead me there.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Jeff,

At one time BW had both Photo I and II. If you have looked recently that may be gone. I believe Tri C closed their darkroom. I took Photoshop there in 2004 and they were getting ready to close the darkrooms. I vaguely remember there might be something at Lorain Community College, but I am not sure at all. Worth a call.

Worse than Akron U for distance is their subsidiary at Wayne. Cleveland State had one a few years ago, but it was treated as a one room school house. Photo I, II, and III all worked together. It was a horrible facility and went to the lowest level, Photo I, quickly. I was in there trying to get advice on MF film and 16x20 fiber prints. The rest of the class was trying to get an image, any image, on post card RC paper.

John
    Last edited by jp80874; 11-06-2011 at 08:14 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Sunday, Nov. 20, 2011, 10 AM - 3 PM
    Photorama USA
    Richfield Days Inn Photo Swap Meet
    4742 Brecksville Rd. Richfield, OH
    Just South of OH Turnpike entrance 173 and Brecksville Rd.

If enough of us are there, let’s have lunch at:
    Musketeers Bar & Grille, 3027 Brecksville Rd, Richfield, OH. Tel: 330-659-4111

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jeff, look forward to seeing the photos too.
    I have no darkroom in the condo but process film in cans in the spare bathroom and use a clamp light for contacts prints. I took a 4x5 portrait class and really loved the results. So proud I'd love to show you all.
    ~ Lee ~ (the oter one, you know)

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    Jeff, look forward to seeing the photos too.
    I have no darkroom in the condo but process film in cans in the spare bathroom and use a clamp light for contacts prints. I took a 4x5 portrait class and really loved the results. So proud I'd love to show you all.
    ~ Lee ~ (the oter one, you know)
    So quit having water heaters and come to a print showing.

John

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin