Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,001   Posts: 1,524,375   Online: 900

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll remember to bring a good 2 or 3 ground cloths with me this time around.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again, and maybe even some new faces. ^_^
    Co-Host of The Film Photography Podcast, the bi-monthly internet radio show all about film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I heard hay works good for soaking up the water

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    I heard hay works good for soaking up the water
    ....and feeding horses, but I imagine Dolly's mother will not be happy if you go down to her barn for the hay. Fresh hay soaks up water and holds it to assist in chilling your bones. Used hay and straw that comes out of her barn after going through the horses is much warmer.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm going to make the trek. I'll bring my 4x5 and 8x10. The falls look nice. Anyone have photos of the churches?

Chris

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AnselAdamsX View Post
    I'm going to make the trek. I'll bring my 4x5 and 8x10. The falls look nice. Anyone have photos of the churches?

Chris
    Welcome Chris. Glad you are coming.

I have some 16x20 prints of two of the churches, but no scans for here. Sorry. Three guys from the Midwest LF Asylum took pictures of the churches, but if they are posted on the forum they are only available to members.

Please bring some of your work for show and tell.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AnselAdamsX View Post
    Anyone have photos of the churches?

Chris
    Here are some bad ones from google search.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/b-cat/4024652308/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjebie/3276320581/
    http://www.peninsulahistory.org/bronson-church/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    ....and feeding horses, but I imagine Dolly's mother will not be happy if you go down to her barn for the hay. Fresh hay soaks up water and holds it to assist in chilling your bones. Used hay and straw that comes out of her barn after going through the horses is much warmer.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John, I think the "recycled" hay of which you speak, being used as a base would also make a great start for a garden next year!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Wheelihan View Post
    John, I think the "recycled" hay of which you speak, being used as a base would also make a great start for a garden next year!
    Since everyone in Dolly’s family except me is a horseback rider, it was thought that the only reason they allowed me to marry her was that at the time I was a gardener.

You no doubt have heard those horror stories about the suitor who pretends interest in some important family commitment, well here he is. They thought it was a match made in Heaven. We had same brand, similar model tractors and rototillers. What a disappointment. We both got tired of the work and back pain.

You all camp where once there was a good sized garden filled with horse by product. We raised some of the best rabbits, ground hogs and raccoons I have seen. I darn near ran out of ammunition.

Farmer John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Time is getting close, I'm excited so I thought I would give this thread a bump and share what is new. I've signed up for a studio portrait class for 4x5. All images have to be done with artificial lights. So I may be looking to corner a few of you all.
    Lee

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin