Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,227   Posts: 1,532,691   Online: 742

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That sounds great, John! Now I have another excuse to load up some 8x10 holders!

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Mike,

Is that a round about way of saying the chances of your coming have improved? If so Great. Glad to have you.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    A week from the event it looks like 21 people will be attending. If you are lurking and would like to come, please do. PM me your contact information, your emergency contact information and whether you will be camping or not. Lurkers are welcome. I will send directions when I receive your information.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John -

This sounds great, I can't wait. I have cleared more of my schedule and hope to be there the whole weekend this time. Also, the nearby living history museum sounds very interesting and will definitely be an incentive to bring the 4x5.

see you in a week.

Jeff

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've gotten the day off (my network admin won't be leaving us quite yet,) so yes, I'm definitely coming. Staying at a motel, again. I'm really looking forward to the trip.

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Jeff,

Happy you will be with us most of the time. I found much of interest to shoot close to the car. This can be a savior with gear that is fairly new to you. I have often found that, yes I have that part-tool-what-have-you, but it is back at the car.

Mike,

Glad the help did depart you when it was this important. Photography First, uber all.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by htimsdj View Post
    John -

This sounds great, I can't wait. I have cleared more of my schedule and hope to be there the whole weekend this time. Also, the nearby living history museum sounds very interesting and will definitely be an incentive to bring the 4x5.

see you in a week.

Jeff
    Jeff,
    Looking forward to seeing you. Hope to shoot some portraits besides other things. Bring your smile!
    Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    T-4 and counting, all systems Go.
    Is there a weather report yet?
    L.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    T-4 and counting, all systems Go.
    Is there a weather report yet?
    L.
    I use weather.com and zip code 44286 (Richfield, OH). You can look it up anytime. It changes frequently. Lee L has another source that he likes better. I can’t use it though because they use colored chart lines and I’m color blind. Maybe he will post the url for you.

As of Monday 9:30 PM the forecast is:

Friday few showers, 30% chance of rain, high 54, low 45
    Saturday few showers, 30% chance rain, high 50, low 44
    Sunday mostly sunny, 10% chance rain, high 57, low 46

For those camping, bring a ground cloth.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here are links to the NWS hourly graphical info I like, set to Richfield, OH, but like all forecasts it's more accurate as the time nears. The graph has toggles for solid/dash&dot lines and for color/B&W shown in brackets at the upper right of the chart. Changing to dash&dot puts different shaped data points on the chart with differently dashed lines for each data line, so that's a bit easier to read if you can't distinguish colors, but it's still not as easy to read as color. The chart shows two days at a time, and you can jump forward and back two days at a time with the controls at the right just above the graphs. You can also check/uncheck the data you do or don't want to see in the charts.

solid lines
    http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...Type=graphical

different dots and dashes
    http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...graphical&dd=1

As of now, NWS says it will be clearing through the weekend from 75% down to 15% sky cover, highs in the mid/high 50's. 25% chance of rain Sat morning, then decreasing to below 14% chance of precip, down to 5%.

Lee

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin