Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,464   Online: 938

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Panoman617 View Post
    A week and a half ago I was up at the Mackinac Bridge out on the cables doing some photos of the cable inspections and the their was spots of color in the low lieing area's.
    I am SO jealous. That is something I've always wanted to do.

I was planning on hitting the Sable Falls, but had forgotten about Chipmonk. The lighthouse is on a list of possibles as well. So much to see, so little time. Do you know if the birch forest is still there on the way to 12 Mile Beach?

Thanks for the report and suggestions. I'm really sorry we'll miss you. Next time for sure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The last I new the birch forest is still their. That's a winter shot I've ben wanting to do but just can find the time to do. 708 Mahoney Lake Road off of H-58 is nice too. Also some of the small lakes like Gemini, Ross and Canoe are nice for sun rise and set photos with about 150 - 210 mm lens. Going to try to shoot 20 rolls of 120 aday. I sent you an email to your web page and if you would like I can email you a few of the cable photos.
    Kodachrome was invented in the early 1930s by two professional musicians, Leopold Godowsky, Jr. and Leopold Mannes; hence the comment that "Kodachrome was made by God and Man".

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I need to slack off on my schedule......missing this and photostock. Clearly my priorities are shot. Bill, keep posting these! Eventually I'll make it back up!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just getting some more info online. Here is a page with links to the NPS maps for the area in .pdf and other formats (piro = pictured rocks):

http://www.nps.gov/piro/planyourvisit/brochures.htm

Some of the links are dead, but the main map is a two year old revision, fairly recent.

Lee

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Colors peaking

I think our timing will be perfect.
    Sean Depuydt - Escanaba Michigan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bill I've got some maps would you like me to drop them of at the Days Inn befor I go home so you and the group can use them?
    Kodachrome was invented in the early 1930s by two professional musicians, Leopold Godowsky, Jr. and Leopold Mannes; hence the comment that "Kodachrome was made by God and Man".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It looks as if I may get freed up to come to this now!! My wife just took on a full time role at work and is unable to go to what we'd planned for on this weekend. So I'll look into the Days Inn costs and see what they have available....
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Panoman617 View Post
    Bill I've got some maps would you like me to drop them of at the Days Inn befor I go home so you and the group can use them?
    That would be great, Jim! How would I get them back to you?

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This sounds as if it is going to be a good little group! Really looking forward to it and hoping for a little good weather. Looking like it is good we didn't go this weekend! Hopefully this slow moving low pressure spinner will be gone by the time we get there. Fingers crossed!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bill you can get me the maps back when you can. I work down in Detroit alot and we can hook up and I can get them from you. I work with the people that make tha ACT 51 maps here at work so it's not hard to get more. It looks like it's going to Sat sunny 54, sun sunny 64, mon some clouds 67, tues sunny 64, wed some clouds 64. If you get those nice slow moveing low pressure from the north you can get some big wave's crashing in. Their a few sopt you can get down and with 12 to 16 ft waves coming in it makes some cool shoot's.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin