Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,173   Online: 868

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    With rain last week up their the falls should be moving good to. Maybe some fog to in the woods in the morning also. Should be a good week for shooting Oct 1- 9
    Kodachrome was invented in the early 1930s by two professional musicians, Leopold Godowsky, Jr. and Leopold Mannes; hence the comment that "Kodachrome was made by God and Man".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My trip actually starts tomorrow as I head out to Batchawana Bay, Ontario for 5 days. Looks like calm weather for the week with nice, foggy mornings starting perhaps on Sunday.....Monday for sure. Tom "Toffle" Overton is driving over on Tuesday and then we'll see the gang in Munising on Thursday!

-Marc
    Last edited by Marc Akemann; 09-30-2011 at 05:14 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Tuesday, not Wednesday, for Tom's arrival.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Marc! Have a great trip! See you soon.

@Jim... Thanks for all the great info!

Gim

Marc and Tom

I'm coming in Tues. ...Alger Falls Motel...Can meet you Tues. night or Wed. Please leave message with Brenda at Desk if I'm not around.

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gim View Post
    Marc and Tom

I'm coming in Tues. ...Alger Falls Motel...Can meet you Tues. night or Wed. Please leave message with Brenda at Desk if I'm not around.

Jim
    Hey Jim! Sorry, I meant that Tom will be stopping by where I'm staying in the Batchawana Bay area on Tuesday and then we're heading to Munising first thing Thursday morning. Google Maps directions say it's a 3 hr & 20 min drive. So I'd say at least 4-4.5 hours with crossing the Canada/US border and all.

-Marc

Gim

That's cool. Spent time at Montreal Bay and Wawa, and all points between. A beautiful country and it's been a few years but I plan on spending some time there again. See you Thursday.

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Panoman617 View Post
    With rain last week up their the falls should be moving good to. Maybe some fog to in the woods in the morning also. Should be a good week for shooting Oct 1- 9
    I love falls myself. I hope they are flowing for you. Two hours west, not much action. Despite having a very wet late summer and fall down here, after inquiring with the cottage owner (on Lake Gogebic), generally, it has been a very dry summer in the U.P.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Room is booked at the Day's Inn in Munising. I'll be rolling in about 1pm Thursday afternoon, maybe a little earlier...cell# is 612 867 5635... Anyone have their's they'd be willing to share? See you Thursday... BTW, Bill are you bringing your big rig? Or is it a film only venture this time? Just contemplating whether I should bring my 8x10 and darkbox?
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    BTW, Bill are you bringing your big rig? Or is it a film only venture this time?
    Film only for me this time, Andrew. I have to stop off at the north home to pick-up my utility trailer to take back to Detroit for firewood this winter. Too many trailers.

PS... I'm not leaving here until Thursday morning, so I probably won't get up there until later in the afternoon - early evening.

I also saw Mark Obrien today at the MiPHS show and he said he'll be coming in for a Friday night meal and drinks at The Sharkbay Bar....
    Last edited by billschwab; 10-02-2011 at 06:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Contact

Andrew, I will be in on Thursday as well. I live an hour from Munising and was waiting to hear from everyone to decide what time. My number is 906 2414920
    Sean Depuydt - Escanaba Michigan

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin