Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,983   Posts: 1,523,901   Online: 1052

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Perfect!! I am actually going to try switching my hotels and going dutch with Jim to save some dough... I may bring my darkbox and a limited collodion kit, just in case something presents itself.... But mainly a film outing for me. I need to burn a lot of stuff I have hoarded! I owe Mark O'Brien a print too so I'll bring it with me... Might even bring the new acoustic!
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    Might even bring the new acoustic!
    Banjitar already packed. As much as I'd like to have the rig, I'm looking forward to traveling light this time around. I also don't want anything to tempt me from the trail to Grand Portal.
    If I smell either, it might be all over.

This is going to be a good time gentleman!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by billschwab View Post
    Banjitar already packed. As much as I'd like to have the rig, I'm looking forward to traveling light this time around. I also don't want anything to tempt me from the trail to Grand Portal.
    If I smell either, it might be all over.

This is going to be a good time gentleman!
    Packing a guitar for sure. (hmmm... or banjo... )
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll be on a schedule similar to Bill's, arriving Thursday late afternoon or early evening if things go as planned. I'll be able to email to SMS where I can get wifi. Looks like the amateur radio repeaters have far better coverage in the UP than the cell phone companies.

I'd appreciate it if someone could post Thursday dinner time and location (once it's decided) here or in a google+ circle I'm in. I might be arriving about dinner time, so it would be nice to be able to hook up for dinner if the timing is tight and the decision is last minute. (I figure cluttering APUG with daily details like that is a waste of server space.)

Looking forward to it.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    I'd appreciate it if someone could post Thursday dinner time and location (once it's decided)
    In case you all are out before I get there, I'll be watching for this too. Those of you with my cell can text me as well.

Safe travels to you all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don't want to force anyone into a certain mode, or leave out others, but I've made a google+ circle for "Photostock UP". I have Marc and Bill there, and found Tom, Sean, and Andrew and added them if they elect to add me to their g+ accounts. I'll be checking there as well as email and APUG.

Google+ is now open to everyone, in case that's a concern. I know some folks object to google or social networking on principle.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm pretty new to Google+, and only have a few contacts. I can't find your circle, Lee. (but I did get your add)
    Leaving tomorrow morning to meet up with Marc in Batchewana Bay.
    Cheers

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    I'm pretty new to Google+, and only have a few contacts. I can't find your circle, Lee. (but I did get your add)
    Leaving tomorrow morning to meet up with Marc in Batchewana Bay.
    Cheers
    That's one of the privacy advantages of Google+, you make your circles and no one knows which one you put them in unless you tell them. So every user has control over their own circles. For instance, you could put me in a circle you've set up for "Ugliest and Dumbest People I've Ever Met", and all I'd know is that you added me to a circle. You'd never even have to look at that 'circle' if you didn't want to. You can also have the same person in more than one circle, and what you post inside a circle shows only for the people you have in that circle.

So you can click on the notification that I added you and then add me to whatever 'circle' of yours you want me to be in. That's where you'd see my posts to my "Photostock UP" circle, which contains you. You also won't be clobbered with any unrelated posts that I make in other circles.

For laughs see suggested Google+ circles at: http://chicogarcia.wordpress.com/201...oogle-circles/

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah, so I won't necessarily see the people in your circle... got it. Is there any way to view the "Photostock UP" group?

Just to be on the safe side, I changed my "weird-ass luddite photographers" circle to just "photographers".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    Ah, so I won't necessarily see the people in your circle... got it. Is there any way to view the "Photostock UP" group?

Just to be on the safe side, I changed my "weird-ass luddite photographers" circle to just "photographers".
    Google+ just added that feature last Wed. I can 'share' a circle with you, but it only sends you a 'snapshot' list of current members of that circle, allowing you to add those folks to any of your circles. It won't reflect any future changes or allow you to see the posts to my circle. I'll stop with the G+ talk here and send you a link to a description of the feature on G+.

Lee

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin