Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,505   Online: 679

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

David Plowden Railroad Photo Show Milwaukee

http://www.msoe.edu/about_msoe/manat...ibitions.shtml

Milwaukee School of Engineering. Ends December 11. I haven't seen it. Just found a mention of it looking at an old newspaper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice.
    A mentor of mine studied under him when he was a professor in Baltimore I believe back in the '70s.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love those old trains.

Jeff

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've met with Plowden twice in Chicago. I mostly photo trains, but do it at night a lot big flash. Plowden signed his latest book for me, "Requiem for Steam," and wrote a nice paragraph to me. He was once an assistant to O.W. Link, and I jokingly asked him to sign, "David Plowden, former assistant to O.W. Link." He got a big kick out of that! I'm seriously thinking of catching him in Chicago again and offer to hire him to assist me in taking some of my night shots. I'll ask him if he has any experience shooting trains at night with a 4x5.

Kent in SD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That looks like a show worth catching.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Went to school there in the 80's and I like photographing any old mechanical things.....gotta find an excuse to go up there.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin