Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,682   Posts: 1,548,516   Online: 845

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Looking for a good printer in Chicago

I'm looking for a good place in Chicago to drum scan and print a very special negative. Would prefer Lincolnwood/Rogers Park area if possible, but quality is more important than location. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance
    Peter
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Large Format
    Gamma is the only prolab in chicago that I know of.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    frotog - Thanks. They look like they know what they're doing. Digging around I also found Printlab on Homan Ave.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    drum scan and print
    This is APUG, I would not call that "printing." Maybe you mean "printer" as a mechanical object rather than a person?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Phoenix Imaging and Gamma.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually, it's this picture of my daughter posted by Laostyle17.

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showimage.php?i=69194&c=2

As much as I have come to dislike printing on canvas because it is being done to death, this one has a painterly quality to it that might look great done that way at say, 12x16 or 16x20. But I have a feeling that an analog print of this would just look fuzzy when enlarged that much.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    This is APUG, I would not call that "printing." Maybe you mean "printer" as a mechanical object rather than a person?
    I mean a person.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin