Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,467   Online: 937

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    ULarge Format

Chicago area gathering

Well someone motioned to move this subject to the regional forum and here we are. Does anyone have any suggestions on a common place to meet?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A couple suggestions, The Arboritum or Botanic Gardens for flora or the Brookfield or Lincoln Park zoos for fauna.
    Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How about my house to meet, talk, and share photos?

Richard Wasserman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Bahai Temple is nearby and visually interesting too. Although it would be more interesting with a couple of nude models in front of it.

fwp

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy
    The Bahai Temple is nearby and visually interesting too. Although it would be more interesting with a couple of nude models in front of it.
    Are you volunteering to be the model??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do people want to meet and look at prints or meet to go photographing together? Where to go to look at prints would depend on how large a group? Maybe if the size is right we can take Richard (who I've met a couple times and definitely has prints worth seeing) up on his offer and get things started. I'm in Prospect Heights.
    Chuck Pere

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'd be game to simply share photos some evening. At least for me, a weeknight evening get together is better. I work in Evanston and live in Highland Park so Willmette could not be a whole lot more convenient. Shooting some film is good too, though!
    I would not recommend the Botanic Garden right now as it is seriously torn up. They are doing major construction everywhere from the greenhouses to the ponds.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I thought it would be nice if we (however many that might be) got together to meet each other and see what people are doing photographically and otherwise. This could be a good opportunity to organize something for a later date. Plus it's always fun to see pictures! Maybe I'll have my 7x17 by then for show and tell.

I am also happy to do anything else if that is what the group prefers, I just hope it involves food...

Richard Wasserman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Let's target a date and time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm tied up for the next 2 weeks, but after that anything works for me. It seems like a weekend would probably be the easiest for most people so how about Saturday 2-25. Hey, you could come for lunch! Free food, that should bring everyone out of the woodwork. Come one, come all!!!

Richard Wasserman

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin