Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,225   Online: 911

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kthalmann
    Technically, I'm not local anymore, but I did spend the first 26 years of my life in NW Indiana. I grew ups a Cubs/Sox/Bears/Bulls/Hawks fan. The Cubbies broke my heart in '69, and again in '84 and '03.

I still have a lot of friends and family in the Chicago area. I try to get back as often as I can, which is not nearly as often as I'd like to.

I'll be in Rockford Thursday evening through Sunday morning. In addition to the Speed Dating session Ted mentioned, I'll be giving three pesentations on Saturday: one on backpacking and traveling with large format equipment, one on modifying, assembling and buliding large format camera with JB Harlin, and a general equipment selection Q&A with Gordon Hutchings and Kirk Gittings.

I hope to see many of you there. I've enjoyed the past conferences and am looking forward to this one.

Kerry
    What type and size cameras are we expected to see?

The Cubs break everyones heart, all the time, all season long, every year, I was two when they choked in '69 Kerry, and they have kept this pattern ever since then.

Mike

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike A

The Cubs break everyones heart, all the time, all season long, every year, I was two when they choked in '69 Kerry, and they have kept this pattern ever since then.

Mike
    Mike,

Richard Ritter said he planned to send his latest version.

John Powers

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874
    Mike,

Richard Ritter said he planned to send his latest version.

John Powers
    Cool, I was hoping he would send a sample, I'm on the list he's got going for future builds.

Mike

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    From me:

My Toho FC-45X during my presentation on backpacking and traveling with LF gear, and again as an intro to my presentation on modifying, assembling and building LF cameras.

My 4x10 Swiss Lotus will also be shown/discussed during the modifying, assembling and buliding LF cameras presentation.

Finally, I am hopeful my 7x17 Franken-ARCA will make it's public debut as part of this presentation. Like the 4x10 Swiss Lotus, the Franken-ARCA is an assemblage of bits and pieces made by people whose talents and skills I lack. In fact, one of the main points of my half of the presentation is that you don't necessarily need much in the way of skills, or a shop full of tools, to assemble a perfectly functional camera to meet your own unique needs and requirements.

For those who do have the skills and desire to build a beautiful large format camera from scratch, JB Harlin will be my co-presenter. He will be discussing the 4x10 and 8x20 vertical cameras he built for his wife Susan. Unlike me, JB designed and constructed all the parts of his cameras himself (a feat that leaves me personally awestruck and more than a little envious). I believe JB will have at least one, if not more , of the magnificient cameras he has built on display. I'm thrilled to have him as a co-presenter. Between the two of us, the presentation should have something for everyone - eveything from very simple modifications to designing anf building a complete camera.

Of course, there will be a huge variety of other cameras, from both manufacturers and dealers, on display at the free trade show (a must for gearheads like me) and the Speed Dating (cameras, not other desparate singles) session that Ted Harris and I will be hosting.

You're lucky. You're not old enough to remember 1969. I was in second grade and got into a fight with a classmate the day the Cubs were mathematically eliminated by the Mets. Said classmate (who shall remain nameless for his own protection) had the temerity to switch loyalty to the Mets on that fateful day. In hindsight, probably not a bad move on his part. But for me, once a Cubs fan, always a Cubs fan. As often as they've broken my heart, I still believe I will live to see the day when the Cubs win a World Series. Hey, the Red Sox and White Sox have both won, why not the Cubbies? And when they do, I'm going to call that classmate from second grade and rub his face in it. Take THAT traitor!

Kerry

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Look's like a fine line up Kerry, I look forward to meeting everyone.

If the Cubs go to the series my parents will take out a second mortgage to make it.

Cheers,
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey Chuck, I haven't signed up for anything but will be attending. If anyone else from the group that met at Richards is planning on attending maybe we could all meet for a coffee or "soda pop", the Machine Shed on Rt20 in Rockford is excellent.

Mike
    I plan to be at the show on Saturday afternoon. I may stick around for the "speed dating" session form 6-8PM
    Would anyone who's attending like to plan to meet up sometime on Saturday?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm planning on attending on Saturday but still not sure of the seminars I want to attend. I know I want to go to the Print Masking at 1:30 and Selecting Equipment at 5:30. In the morning the Alt Process might be interesting and also Tech Talk at 12 noon. So I could meet up for coffee between 3 and 5:30. Lot's of seminars and people have different interests so may be hard to find a good time for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Markauf
    I plan to be at the show on Saturday afternoon. I may stick around for the "speed dating" session form 6-8PM
    Would anyone who's attending like to plan to meet up sometime on Saturday?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin